Im Dave Kruger, and I want to be your tutor! I graduated from Williams College in 2014 and I live in Hanover, New Hampshire. Im experienced in getting to know the learning styles of students of all ages and ability levels and developing personalized approaches to help them master their material.
I work in all of the following subject areas:
* Math - basic number skills, pre-algebra, algebra I and II, precalculus, calculus, geometry, trigonometry, probability, and statistics
* Science - basic physical/life/earth science courses as well as high school biology, chemistry, physics, and environmental science
* English - all reading/writing and research assignments
* Social Sciences - US history, European history, World history, Government, Psychology, Economics
* Standardized tests: SAT, ACT, and GRE (including math and verbal sections for all these and the science section of the ACT), as well as SAT subject tests or AP exams in any of the above subject areas
* College essays and applications
My commitment is to offer you the following:
- Aptitude: I scored a perfect 2400 on the SAT, 5 on ten AP exams across all subject areas, 170/170 on the quantitative section of the GRE and 168/170 on the verbal section, and received high academic honors in all subject areas throughout high school and college.
- Convenience: My most popular option is for sessions done over the Internet using Skype (if you have questions about how this works, email me!). If you are local and prefer to work in person, I will meet with you anywhere within a 30-minute radius of Hanover.
- Customizability: I can provide help with homework assignments, extra practice on difficult concepts, enrichment beyond the school curriculum, occasional sessions before tests/quizzes, or any other combination of services.
- Flexibility: I will make it my first priority to work around your schedule and be available when you need me.
- Reliability: I will be prompt, organized, patient, kind, and dedicated, and will honor my commitment to helping my students succeed. I am happy to provide my resume as well as letters of recommendation from many excellent references upon request.
In our first session, I will be happy to discuss in depth how I can help so we can see if I will be a good fit for your needs and spend some time working on current material. Please email or call me and we can find a time to talk in more detail about a possible arrangement. I look forward to working with you!
Here are some excerpts from past students testimonials:
We received a letter and a progress report from the director of the school tutoring program. She shared that Wyn had seemed to improve in his skills almost overnight, and that an assessment test showed he no longer needed school support. We credit much of this to Dave Krugers work with our son.
- Jennifer C.
David has been flexible in working with my student to arrange meeting times and continues to offer timely yet affordable tutoring services. My wife and I are pleased with the work he has done with our student and would recommend his services for other students in need of additional mathematical assistance.
- Marvin B.
Education & Certification
Undergraduate Degree: Williams College - Bachelor in Arts, Political Economy
SAT Composite (1600 scale): 1600
SAT Math: 800
SAT Verbal: 800
SAT Writing: 800
Outdoor recreation of all kinds: trail running, mountain biking, hiking, swimming, rock climbing, alpine skiing and snowboarding, nordic skiing. Strategy games, reading, creative writing, cooking.
College Application Essays
College Level American Literature
High School Economics
High School Physics
High School Writing
Middle School Reading
Middle School Reading Comprehension
Middle School Science
Middle School Writing
Study Skills and Organization
Technology and Computer Science