If you're looking to increase your job prospects with an Oracle Java certification, Varsity Tutors can provide you with customized OCAJP8 prep classes that focus on your specific needs. We'll set you up with an OCAJP8 course instructor who can meet with you one on one to study the aspects of the certification exam where you need the most support and guidance as well as to give you a comprehensive overall review. Reach out to our Educational Directors or keep on reading below to find out individual OCAJP8 courses may be the best choice for your circumstances.
When you let Varsity Tutors set up your OCAJP8 classes, you'll have the chance to work with a Java expert who understands the requirements of the exam. You can focus on the intricacies of object-oriented programming, utilizing available classes from the Java API, handling exceptions with try-catch blocks, or whatever it is that you feel you need help understanding. If you're not sure where you should be concentrating your efforts, your OCAJP8 prep course instructor can identify any knowledge gaps to customize a study plan so that you're always working on your biggest opportunities to improve your performance on test day.
The OCAJP8 exam expects you to have a strong command of the basics of programming in a Java SE 8 environment. Here's how the test you'll be studying for in your OCAJP8 prep class is laid out:
|Duration||Number of Questions||Passing Score||Pre-requisite||Exam Code|
|150 Minutes||70 (Multiple Choice)||65% (46 out of 70)||None||1Z0-808|
OCAJP8 prep courses are versatile, and your instructor can help you in any way that helps you learn better. If you prefer working through actual programming project, you can pair program with your tutor while they explain specific concepts on programming in Java. Perhaps you work better talking through concepts while whiteboarding out diagrams or by working through practice problems on paper. Whatever you prefer can be accommodated by your OCAJP8 class instructor.
There's a lot of information you'll need to retain to have at the front of your mind when you sit for the exam. Here's a list of some topics that you can study during OCAJP8 courses:
Exam Topics (Non-Comprehensive)
- Java Basics
- Define the scope of variables
- Define the structure of a Java class
- Using Operators and Decision Constructs
- Use Java operators; use parentheses to override operator precedence
- Test equality between strings
- Using Loops Constructs
- Create and use while loops
- Create and use for loops including the enhanced for loop
- Working with Inheritance
- Describe inheritance and its benefits
- Determine when casting is necessary
- Working with Selected Classes from the Java API
- Manipulate data using the StringBuilder classes and their methods
- Create and manipulate Strings
- Working with Java Data Types
- Declare variables
- Know how to read or write to object fields
- Creating and using Arrays
- Declare a one-dimensional array
- Working with Methods and Encapsulation
- Apply the static keyword to methods and fields
- Apply access modifiers
- Handling exceptions
- Differentiate among checked exceptions, unchecked exceptions, and Errors
- Create a try-catch block and determine how exceptions alter normal program flow
While your OCAJP8 class will help you work through these topics in-depth, you'll also have the opportunity to hone your test-taking skills. Becoming a better test taker can help you bring out more of your knowledge on test day, so tutors make it a priority to ensure that you know strategies that you can leverage for the exam. For example, you can easily cut out obviously wrong answers on tough multiple-choice questions to isolate the best ones. Time management skills and test anxiety alleviation techniques are also valuable tools to have at your disposal during the exam.
At Varsity Tutors, we want your OCAJP8 class to be as convenient as possible. We work to find you a private instructor who can meet during your availability. We also give you access to our Live Learning Platform so you can meet with your tutor face to face over the Internet with video chat and a virtual whiteboard. Contact us today to get started with a personalized OCAJP8 course.