By enrolling in a CIMA class you are making a bold statement about your career. You've declared you are ready to make a real investment in your future with both your time and money. But not all students will find CIMA courses offer enough academic support to help them truly master the concepts which are covered in the CIMA examination. For many students, a CIMA prep class works best when it is combined with personalized instruction. If you are interested in personalized CIMA course instruction, Varsity Tutors can help you connect with an experienced and professional personal tutor.
The most successful certification candidates report spending about 150 hours preparing for their examination. These individuals utilized a combination of CIMA prep classes, personalized instruction, and independent study to prepare for their examination. Why are students willing to spend so much time preparing for the CIMA Certification? Because of the many benefits it affords those who successfully complete the process.
To learn more about the many benefits associated with earning CIMA Certification please see the information below.
Benefits of CIMA Certification
- CIMA certified professionals have demonstrated advanced skills that can help a prospective client convert successfully when considering potential advisors
- Higher Compensation
- The Investments and Wealth Institute indicates that CIMA holders manage more assets, earn larger shares of a client's business, and earn more than those without certification
- More Confidence With Clients
- Building the knowledge and skills to earn CIMA certification helps investment advisors to feel confident helping clients
- Expert Instruction
- Content required to pursue CIMA certification is taught at the world's top business schools
- Relevant Content
- The information covered on the CIMA exam is up to date and substantive, ensuring those who pass are ready to practice in today's environment
CIMA prep classes help you prepare for the 5 hour computer based examination but they aren't always enough to give students the confidence they need to do their best. With personalized instruction you can give yourself the support you need to optimize your learning potential. You know how important it is to set yourself apart in a competitive job market and that CIMA Certification offers an exceptional opportunity for career advancement. It makes sense to take the necessary steps to ensure you do your best.
While a traditional CIMA course will cover all of the information contained within the exam, it will do so in a highly regimented and systematic way which does not resonate with all students. When you work with a personal tutor to supplement your CIMA classes you gain complete control over your mastery of the subject.
Working with a personal tutor can help support your CIMA prep courses. Your tutor can help you dive deeper into the numerous topics covered as part of the certification examination. For a detailed list of the topics covered in the CIMA certification exam, please see the list below.
CIMA Topics (Non-Comprehensive)
- Global Capital Markets
- Investment Vehicles
- Fixed Income
- Portfolio Theory and Behavioral Finance:
- Investment Philosophies and Styles
- Tools and Strategies
- Risk and Return
- Attributes of Risk
- Portfolio Construction and Consulting Process
- Ethics and Investments & Wealth Institute
- Client Discovery
For many students, it is not the subject matter itself which is so intimidating. Rather it is the prospect of the extensive process of standardized testing which causes students to feel anxious and overwhelmed. While a personal tutor can certainly help you with the topics covered in the exam, they can also help build your testing confidence. Tutors can provide testing strategies and techniques that can make the entire process less stressful in a way that will let you focus on demonstrating your expertise rather than worrying about the exam process.
Enrolling in a CIMA class was a great first step in your certification journey. However, if you are ready to take your certification preparation to the next level and know you need more individualized attention than a standard CIMA prep course can provide, Varsity Tutors can help you connect with the right tutor for your learning needs. Contact Varsity Tutors to get started today.
John: CIMA course instructor
...every assignment. More so than a grade, my goal is to help students fall in love with the process of learning. Feedback from successful students has allowed me to recognize how effective the approaches toward tutoring mine have been for all learning types in various academic subjects. While my tutoring students gain much from their experiences from me, I equally gain so much insight and knowledge from the students I tutor. I have a passion...
Education & Certification
- SIUCarbondale - Bachelor of Science, Management Science
- Walden University - Doctor of Philosophy, Finance
- AP Calculus AB
- +39 subjects
Education & Certification
- Universidad de Buenos Aires - Bachelor of Science, Applied Mathematics
- Stanford University and Columbia University - Doctor of Philosophy, Financial Mathematics
- High School Economics
- +100 subjects
Hal: CIMA course instructor
...place. I believe that the individual is the foundation of society and that personal growth and betterment is natural to each individual whether it be economic, intellectual, or spiritual. Learning is unique to each person and each person, who has the interest, will benefit from the best possible learning situation that can be provided and consequently contribute to the whole of society. No one method applies to all. It is my goal to focus on...