Varsity Tutors can assist you in finding top quality Series 57 test prep options that are right for you. For anyone looking to become a securities trader, Series 57 prep might be something you want to consider. Passing the Series 57 exam is required in order to start proprietary trading, NASDAQ trading, and OTC trading. As such, you will want to do well. A Series 57 course could be just the thing that you are looking for if you are wanting to dive deep into the test content and structure. Series 57 prep can help you get a better understanding of what to expect on test day.
What's great about Series 57 tutoring is the chance to work one on one with someone who is highly knowledgeable about the exam. You can have the chance to work closely with Series 57 tutors to sharpen your skills. Your tutor can help you determine the areas that need the most work, helping you put together a plan of action that can work to address them. With qualified tutors, your Series 57 prep can be more in-depth than most conventional classroom settings.
Series 57 test prep allows you to work at a pace that is right for you. No longer are you at the mercy of a rigid classroom structure. Your Series 57 class allows you to have the time to linger on subjects and topics that are troublesome or confusing, giving you the chance to understand them more fully. Tutors can get to know your personal learning style, customizing their delivery and content so that it more closely aligns with your specific educational needs. Series 57 test preparation sessions can focus on expanding your content knowledge and building of the skills that you are likely to need in order to pursue your full potential.
Series 57 test prep can detail what sort of content you are likely to encounter on the test. The Series 57 test is used to measure the competency of candidates in the critical day-to-day functions of securities traders. These include executing transactions in equity and proprietary trading. The breakdown of the structure of the test is as follows:
|Series 57 Sections||# Questions||Percentage of Exam|
|Maintaining Books and Records, Trade Reporting and Clearance and Settlement||9||18|
Series 57 preparation can also help you in exploring the individual topics that you are likely to encounter. Alongside your skilled instructor, Series 57 classes allow you to work to develop a plan of action that can help deepen your knowledge of challenging concepts and other core test material. Topics you are likely to see on the test include:
Series 57 Topics (non-comprehensive)
- The role of the floor broker
- Responsibilities of a qualified block positioner
- Different order types and their use in the marketplace
- Requirements for direct market access (DMA)/sponsored access
- Identifying minimum criteria necessary for a transaction to qualify as clearly erroneous
- Understanding order entry parameters
- Use of material nonpublic information for insider trading
- Quotations and trading halts
- Trade volume advertising
- Permitted and prohibited trading activities related to IPOs and secondary offerings
- Over-the-counter (OTC) quoting and trading
- Option orders and types including spreads, straddles and combinations
- Short sale regulations
- Market hours vs. pre- and post-market trading
- Use of manipulative or deceptive devices
- Customer limit order display requirements
- Distinctions among reporting facilities
- Order Audit Trail System (OATS) and OATS reporting obligations, including timing and required fields
- Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) assignment procedure
- Close-out requirements for various products
It goes without saying that dedicating the time to Series 57 test prep can help increase your confidence and sharpen key skills. Series 57 courses offer you the customized attention you need, allowing you to ask questions and get feedback that can help. Contact Varsity Tutors today to speak with a trusted academic advisor who is happy to answer your questions and get you started with a Series 57 prep option that can help you take the reins of your academic and career future.
Mary: Series 57 test prep instructor
...a specialist, keeping an orderly book of all public orders, and floor manager, overseeing the daily operations. The environment was dynamic, highly demanding, requiring laser focus, preparation and stamina. An integral member of the firm, collaborating with other member firms and the Board of Governors, serving on committees, worked on new business initiatives, recruiting and training new hires from top universities. At the time, O'Connor was the largest market maker in the U.S. financial options...
Hiba: Series 57 test prep instructor
I am a creative and analytical professional working as a product manager. I graduated from Princeton University's School of Architecture, where I also served as a four year consultant ant tutor at the McGraw Center for Learning and Teaching where I helped students across a plethora of subject matter and organization management. I've been tutoring middle school and high school students since 2012, with specialities in the college process, ACT prep, and intermediate subjects.
Education & Certification
- Princeton University - Bachelor in Arts, Architecture
- Series 57
- High School Level American Literature
- SAT Math
- +50 subjects