If you're planning on taking the Series 22 exam, Varsity Tutors can help you get ready with a Series 22 course. Taking a Series 22 class is a unique way to prepare for this exam because it gives you the chance to work directly with your educator. For more information on how Series 22 courses can supplement your learning process, continue reading. Or, you can get in touch with us today to find out more about Series 22 classes and how to get started with one.
The Series 22 exam is also commonly called the Direct Participation Programs Limited Representative Examination. As its name suggests, the test was designed to assess the competency of an individual applying for an entry-level position as a direct participation programs representative. Some of the fields an individual in this industry may cover are real estate, limited partnerships, and oil and gas. The exam covers skills directly relevant to the job, including topics like solicitation and the purchase and sale of limited partnerships, among others. It's also important to note that an individual must pass the Securities Industry Essentials exam before taking this test.
Here's some information on the format of the Series 22:
|Questions||Format||Time Allowed||Passing Score||Corequisite|
|50||Multiple-Choice||90 Minutes||70||Securities Industry Essentials (SIE)|
Your Series 22 prep course will take place through a series of one-on-one learning sessions between just you and your instructor. This is why a Series 22 prep class is such a unique academic opportunity. Your tutor can set you up with a customized learning plan that is based entirely on your specific academic needs. You can work through each part of this plan at your own speed, stopping to spend more time on the topics you need the most help with along the way. You can also skip over topics that you already understand at a high level. This can make your entire learning process more efficient.
Below, you'll find some of the topics covered on this exam:
Series 22 Exam Topics (non-comprehensive)
- Standards and required approvals of public communications
- Methods of distribution
- Syndication practices
- Due diligence
- SEC Rules and Regulations
- Securities Act of 1933
- Section 2(a) - Definitions
- Section 3(a)(11) - Any Security Which Is Part of an Issue Offered and Sold Only to Persons Resident Within a Single State or Territory
- Section 5 - Prohibitions Relating to Interstate Commerce and the Mails
- Securities Act of 1933
- Requirements for opening customer accounts
- Retirement plans and other tax advantaged accounts
- Customer screening
- Information security and privacy regulations
- Financial factors relevant to assessing a customer's investment profile
- Investment objectives (capital preservation, growth, etc.)
- Required review, approvals, and documentation for account opening and maintenance
- Circumstances for refusing or closing accounts
- Types of direct participation programs (DPPs)
- Types of investment entities
- Evaluation of DPPs
- Tax treatment of DPPs
- Composition and diversification of investor's current portfolio
- Investor's liquidity needs
- Required disclosures on specific transactions
- Types of underwriting compensation
- Tax information provided to investors (Schedule K-1)
- Reinvestment plan options
- Books and records
- Installment procedures
- Subscription practices
- Transaction disclosure requirements
- Requirements for addressing customer complaints and consequences of improper handling of complaints
- Methods of formal resolution (e.g., arbitration, mediation, litigation)
Series 22 prep courses can also help you develop better test-taking skills. Depending on your needs, your Series 22 prep classes can focus on things like relaxation techniques for test day anxiety or time management skills to use when taking your test. These are things that you can use in the future if you decide to take additional exams. Thus, your learning experience will be a well-rounded one when you sign up to take a Series 22 course with Varsity Tutors.
If you'd like to work as a direct participation programs representative, then passing the Series 22 exam is a key step in the process of getting your first job in the industry. That's why it's crucial that you have a strong test preparation process in the build-up to your test. Varsity Tutors can help you build a better study plan with an in-depth Series 22 class. If you think that you would benefit from this style of test prep assistance, then you may want to consider reaching out to us today. We can get you started with the learning plan of your choice quickly so you can begin making academic progress right away. We look forward to working with you.
Mary: Series 22 course instructor
...a specialist, keeping an orderly book of all public orders, and floor manager, overseeing the daily operations. The environment was dynamic, highly demanding, requiring laser focus, preparation and stamina. An integral member of the firm, collaborating with other member firms and the Board of Governors, serving on committees, worked on new business initiatives, recruiting and training new hires from top universities. At the time, O'Connor was the largest market maker in the U.S. financial options...
Joseph Fon: Series 22 course instructor
As a wealth management professional, I have learned that my personal success is tied to how well I succeed in managing my clients wealth and that my success is tied to their success. As their wealth increases, so too does my satisfaction, happiness and compensation. As a Varsity Instructor, I will maintain the same values even though there will be no assets to manage.
Education & Certification
- University of New Orleans - Bachelor of Science, Business Administration and Management
- University of Alabama - Master of Science, Economics
- Series 22
- A Level
- A Level French
- +5 subjects
Derrick: Series 22 course instructor
...State University. I received my Master's degree in Finance with a specialization in Accounting. I have worked extensively in the banking and finance industry. I currently work for a private equity real estate firm as a registered representative. I currently have my series 22 and series 63 registration. My teaching philosophy is centered around the student. I believe in a personalized approach to learning. I currently focus on tutoring finance, history, Series 22, and Series...
Education & Certification
- University of Arizona - Bachelor in Arts, Political Science and Government
- Colorado State University - Masters in Business Administration, Finance
- Series 22
- Social Studies
- Series 63
- +7 subjects