"The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character-that is the goal of true education," (Dr. Martin Luthur King, Jr.)
My teaching philosophy has evolved over the last six years that I have taught in higher education. I have several years of experience in working in a business, accounting, and finance environment. I have learned employers’ expectations and have adopted strategies to help promote adult education. My focus is strictly on
• Assisting students by providing an environment where students can problem-solve and critically- think.
• Providing a student-centered environment where students have the ability to collaborate and share feedback with me and other students.
• Allow students to collaborate and work together in group activities to gain experience in the workforce and share ideas.
• Focusing strongly on students by adopting John Dewey’s Theory of Experiential Learning by allowing students the ability to learn through experience.
• Mentoring students throughout the entire educational journey and providing timely feedback.
My focus is helping students cognitively think and provide an experience to help the students have the necessary skills to find employment upon graduation. I like to use my practitioner skills to help students have real world examples to help grasp curriculum concepts. I like to provide a positive student experience through enthusiasm and helping students get excited about learning. I take the time to determine the types of learners in my classroom and employ methods which will help each student succeed.
I have been able to help students through my teaching ability to grasp concepts and continue with their education. The students learn by doing by working in groups and individual classroom assignments by using PBL learning strategy methods. I have learned by teaching using these methods that students retain the information without the use of mnemonics. I have learned the importance of higher education through use of my practitioner skills and collaborating with other instructors. My passion is helping others learn and providing stellar teaching services that help them succeed.
Education & Certification
Undergraduate Degree: Weber State University - Bachelors, Business Education: Business Systems
Graduate Degree: University of Phoenix-Phoenix-Hohokam Campus - PHD, Education: Educational Leadership
walking, reading, and watching movies
Basic Computer Literacy
GED Reasoning Through Language Arts
GED Social Studies
High School Business
High School Economics
Mac Basic Computer Skills