If you are looking for CTP test prep help, Varsity Tutors has what you need. We offer top-notch CTP prep services to help students build their study skills with a one-on-one, private learning environment. CTP stands for Certified Treasury Professional exam. It is an exam that sets the standard for a profession in treasury, it proves that you have the knowledge a treasurer claims. If you feel that private CTP tutoring could help you improve your study skills, contact us today to learn more about our CTP test prep options.
The first step in a CTP test prep program is to get familiar with the format of the exam. Here is a list of the types of multiple-choice questions you will find on the exam:
Types of Multiple-Choice Questions On the Exam:
- Closed Questions
- A complete question followed by three (3) or four (4) optional answers, only ONE of which is correct. Often the word "What" is included in the question.
- Open Questions
- An incomplete sentence with three (3) or four (4) optional completions, only ONE of which is correct
- A format used when three (3) of the options are correct and only one option is incorrect. The incorrect option is actually the correct answer in this case.
- Item Sets
- A set of questions based on information contained in the preceding paragraph
Each type of question has unique aspects. It is important to be prepared for all of the types of questions that will be thrown your way. If you are preparing for this exam, your tutor may give you practice exams under realistic conditions as part of your CTP test prep regimen to build your familiarity with the exam. If you are not familiar with taking an exam on the computer, a practice exam during your CTP course is a great way to get familiar with it as well.
Here are a couple of example practice questions that can give you an idea of what you will see on the test:
- Company ABC has a concentrated investor base consisting primarily of large institutional shareholders. It would like to increase its number of smaller shareholders using the most cost-effective method of raising capital available. What should Company ABC do to accomplish this goal?
- Issue Preferred Stock
- Implement a dividend reinvestment plan
- Issue warrants
- Implement a stock repurchase plan
- Which of the following BEST describes the advantage of a company going public?
- Increased management control
- Increased public disclosure
- Increased managerial flexibility
- Increased liquidity
If your tutor administers practice exams, you could benefit from learning what areas you need to focus on during future CTP courses. If you don't do well on a certain section, you can spend more CTP preparation time on that section. On the other hand, you might want to skip over or just do a short review of sections that you have consistently performed well on to improve the efficiency of your CTP prep sessions.
In addition to helping you become familiar with the exam, CTP classes can also help you improve your test-taking techniques to help you head into test day with more confidence. Your CTP tutors can also share tips with you on how to lessen your exam anxiety so that you can go into test day calmer and more relaxed. If you start to panic during the exam, you can deploy the techniques your tutor taught you.
Another benefit of CTP test preparation is convenience. You can schedule sessions from the Live Learning Platform online anywhere as long as you have a strong internet connection. Additionally, we will do our best to match you with a tutor who can meet your scheduling needs.
If you are feeling ready to get help with your CTP prep, consider CTP test prep options with Varsity Tutors. Any questions you may have can be answered in a timely manner to keep you moving forward. Feel free to get in touch with a skilled academic advisor today to get the help you deserve. We are looking forward to getting to know you and helping you reach for your CTP score goals with a CTP class.