Students should not spend more than 90 minutes per night on homework. The time should be budgeted in the following manner:
- 15 minutes looking for assignment
- 11 minutes texting friends for the assignment
- 23 minutes explaining to parents why the teacher is mean and just does not like children
- 8 minutes in the bathroom
- 10 minutes getting a snack
- 7 minutes on Facebook
- 6 minutes telling parents that the teacher never explained the assignment
- 10 minutes sitting at the kitchen table waiting for Mom or Dad to do the assignment
These are given the night before they are due. This explains the name "long term." It is a long-term commitment to time that begins at 9:30 PM and ends at 11:50 PM - or later. It is important that the whole family is involved in the project. It is imperative that at least one family member race to Walmart for posterboard, and that at least one family member end up in tears (does not have to be the student).
One parent needs to stay up and complete the project. The other parent needs to call the school and leave a message that the student is out sick.
It is not necessary to have the student's name on the assignment.