I approach tutoring for English by focusing on the whole student. Making sure we connect and work well together is my number one priority. My goal is always to help students figure out how to become independent, motivated, and successful learners. Most importantly, I want to know the student's ultimate goal, so we can conquer obstacles together.
As a tutor, I want to cultivate a warm and productive environment (even virtually). A typical session with me typically looks like:
- Check-in (How are you doing today on a scale of 1-10?)
- SMART goal setting
- Review assignment / skill
- I will model the strategy best fit for you
- Guide you through practice
- Monitor your independent attempts
- We will reflect over what went well and what progress still needs to be made
I also extends myself into partnerships with families to develop extended support strategies as needed.
Note: My approach to writing is based on Gretchen Bernabei techniques. Also, I heavily encourage active reading strategies such as annotations, providing text evidence for answers, and more.
Baylor University,Doctoral Student
Dallas Baptist University, Master of Education
University of Houston, Bachelor of Arts - Communication
Education & Certification
Undergraduate Degree: University of Houston - Bachelor in Arts, Advertising
Graduate Degree: Dallas Baptist University - Masters in Education, Educational Administration
- Hiking with my dog Queenie - Reading novels or magazines - Candle Making