For the past 5 years, I have been helping young adults get into the college of their dreams. As an instructor at several community colleges, I have the opportunity to work with many diverse and fascinating students. I have learned that my students' education, experience, obligations, family, culture, expectations, motivation, and personal learning styles drastically affect how successful we are in accomplishing our goals.
As a result, I customize my lessons to take these factors into account for every student I teach.
As a lifelong learner myself, I am grateful for the many teachers and tutors who helped me earn a Master's degree in English Literature from San Francisco State University and a Bachelor's degree in Psychology from UC San Diego.
Now, I work with students at every level: elementary school, secondary school, college, and continuing education. As long as you are motivated to learn and improve yourself, we will be successful. If you do not feel motivated, I have some strategies to help you as well!
What can you expect from our sessions?
* Improve your reading speed by 300 words per minute
* Hone your ability to remember and explain what you read
* Learn critical thinking strategies for analytical reading
* Eliminate sentence-level errors by improving your mechanics
* Write amazing paragraphs even when you have nothing to say!
* Produce essays that rank in the top 5 percent of your class
* Improve your test scores
* Upgrade your study strategies
* Know how to write for your audience
I am passionate about learning and helping my students grow as independent learners! Let's work together to achieve your dreams!
Undergraduate Degree: University of California-San Diego - Bachelors, Psychology
Graduate Degree: San Francisco State University - Masters, English Literature
Argentine Tango, CrossFit, Trail Running, Travel, Creative Writing, & Learning new things!