The TASC (or Test Assessing Secondary Completion) is an exam designed to be an alternative to the GRE for adults who failed to earn a high school diploma. If your state accepts the TASC, Varsity Tutors can refer you to a TASC tutor to help you prepare for the test.
The exam has five subject areas that you may review during TASC tutoring sessions:
- Mathematics (Numbers and Quantity, Algebra, Functions, Geometry, Statistics, Probability)
- Science (Earth Science, Life Science, Physical Science
- Reading (Poetry, Historical Sources, Drama, Literary Non-Fiction)
- Writing (Sentence Structure, Grammar, either an Informative or Argumentative Essay)
- Social Studies (History, Economics, Geography, Civics, Government
Each subject test may be taken individually, or you can take all five in one day of testing. The choice comes down to your preferences, but your TASC tutor may be able to help you make the right call. Regardless of the order you take them in, TASC tutoring allows you to focus on your areas of need. For example, a student who excels in reading and writing but struggles with STEM subjects such as math and science can concentrate on the latter to make sessions more efficient. Each lesson is customized and tailored to your needs.
Your Personalized Tutoring Program and Instructor
Our knowledgeable directors help you choose your tutor with your learning profile and personality in mind.
Your tutor can customize your lessons and present concepts in engaging easy-to-understand-ways.
You can learn more efficiently and effectively because the teaching style is tailored to you.
With the flexibility of online tutoring, your tutor can be arranged to meet at a time that suits you.