Chris
Certified Tutor

10+ years of tutoring

Chris

Bachelors, Elementary Education University of New Mexico-Main Campus
Masters, Elementary Education University of New Mexico-Main Campus
  • I have been teaching students of all ages in Albuquerque for many years with experience tutoring in small group and 1:1 settings.

About Me

Math tutoring is a passion of mine because I love helping students in a topic that so many of them find problematic. My tutoring style is that of a coach; I work with students to become better learners. It is a thrilling experience to witness students overcome obstacles and take on challenges that previously intimidated them. I enjoy taking on challenges myself and have competed in endurance events for over 10 years including the Escape from Alcatraz triathlon and multiple GORUCK challenges. I recently became a high altitude balloonist and have conducted several experiments in the stratosphere including the first test of a UK developed GPS transmitter. I also recently started learning the violin.

Hobbies & Interests

Running, triathlon, GORUCK events, high altitude ballooning, and robotics. I also play the violin.

Education

Bachelors, Elementary Education - University of New Mexico-Main Campus
Masters, Elementary Education - University of New Mexico-Main Campus

Q&A with Chris

My philosophy of education envisions learners that construct meaning by engaging in various and authentic experiences that are provided within and outside of the classroom. In order to prepare them for future educational and vocational endeavors, students will explore a multidisciplinary curriculum that utilizes their various learning styles. This exploration will occur within an educational environment that will be framed on high expectations for behavior as well as academic performance.
Connect with a tutor like Chris

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Nina
Certified Tutor

Nina

Masters in biostatistics Columbia University
Statistics Graduate LevelStatistics22+ more
Get Started
Reid
Certified Tutor

Reid

PHD, Education Harvard University
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math34+ more
Get Started
Liz
Certified Tutor

Liz

Masters, Special Education: Mild to Moderate Disabilities 5-12 Simmons College
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math39+ more
Get Started
Charles
Certified Tutor

Charles

Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering Yale University
AP Calculus ABPre-Algebra24+ more
Get Started
Christopher
Certified Tutor

Christopher

Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering Harvard College
AP Calculus ABCollege Algebra50+ more
Get Started
Justin
Certified Tutor

Justin

Doctor of Philosophy, Computational Mathematics University of Chicago
AP Calculus BCAP Calculus AB47+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us