
10+ years of tutoring
Timothy
- My name is Tim Mannel.
- I graduated from the University of Virginia in May with a Bachelor of Science in Biology.
Test Scores
About Me
Greetings! As an older brother, former babysitter, and camp counselor, I have always enjoyed working with children of all ages. It was my own youthful fascination with the natural world which led me to study science - the kid in me is what helps me connect with children. I place an emphasis on giving each child the tools they need to figure things out for themselves, especially for math and hard sciences such as chemistry. When students learn the correct way to approach problems, they learn not only their subject, but they learn "how to learn". Learning technical subjects need not be cold and rigid - creativity is valuable in any subject! In short, I like to teach in such a way that the student learns how to do the problem themselves, instead of just copying the tutor's solutions.
Hobbies & Interests
Drawing, reading books, and reptiles!
Education
Who needs tutoring?
No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.
Tutors with Similar Experience
Let’s find your perfect tutor
Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.









