Petra
Certified Tutor

10+ years of tutoring

Petra

Bachelors, German1985/Chemistry Cleveland State University
Masters, Chemistry1989/Education Cleveland State University
  • I started tutoring at Cleveland State University while earning my Bachelor's and Master's in Chemistry.

About Me

I loved to see when students grasp the material at hand. With my youngest of 4 currently in high school, I started tutoring again, first at Tri-C as a Science and Math Instructional Assistant and now as a Varsity Tutor as well. At Tri-C, I do more than just science and math though. Social Studies, Psychology, basic IT, and English are some of the other subjects I help students conquer. I firmly stand by the statement that every person has the ability to learn, just in different ways. I have experienced this on a day to day basis not only with my own siblings and children, but the students at Tri-C who have learned how to learn. They do not need to visit me as often then for help, but rather they stop in to share with me their successes!

Hobbies & Interests

Books, gardening, backpacking, kayaking, travel, my kids

Education

Bachelors, German1985/Chemistry - Cleveland State University
Masters, Chemistry1989/Education - Cleveland State University

Q&A with Petra

I think that everyone has the ability to learn and that everyone learns in a different way.
Connect with a tutor like Petra

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Mackenzie
Certified Tutor

Mackenzie

Bachelor in Arts, Economics Northwestern University
AP Calculus BCPre-Algebra46+ more
Get Started
Todd
Certified Tutor

Todd

Master of Social Work, Social Work University of Chicago
Pre-AlgebraStatistics62+ more
Get Started
Jake
Certified Tutor

Jake

Bachelor in Arts, Statistics Northwestern University
AP StatisticsAP Calculus AB22+ more
Get Started
Brett
Certified Tutor

Brett

Bachelor in Arts, Communication, General Northwestern University
Pre-AlgebraPre-Calculus30+ more
Get Started
Lainie
Certified Tutor

Lainie

Bachelor of Engineering, Biological/Biosystems Engineering Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Pre-AlgebraFinite Mathematics26+ more
Get Started
Peter
Certified Tutor

Peter

Masters in Education, English Education Ohio State
Pre-AlgebraArithmetic150+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us