Cynthia
Certified Tutor

10+ years of tutoring

Cynthia

Bachelor of Science, Elementary School Teaching University of Iowa
  • -I have a passion to help others in this world, especially kids.-I am a graduate of University of Iowa.
  • I received my Bachelor of Science in Elementary and special education.

About Me

I was a teacher in public schools for 7 years, focusing on special education, reading, math and writing for kindergarten to 8th grade. My responsibilities included co-teaching general education classes, and modifying assignments and assessments for students in accordance with their IEPs and 504 plans.-I'm also a mom of 4 kids! They currently ranging in ages from 3 to 14 years old so I have experience with all different types of interest levels.-I pride myself in thinking outside the box and approaching tutoring subjects from different angles in order to make sure that a student has the best chance of really mastering concepts. I am incredibly upbeat and positive. I excel in organization and finding what works for everyone. I greatly enjoy finding a way to bring education to the students in a way that they will really enjoy and understand it. Especially by relating it to things in their lives that they are interested in.

Hobbies & Interests

-In my spare time I enjoy reading, watching movies with my family, and baking and decorating fancy and fun cakes, cookies and candy for friends and family.

Education

Bachelor of Science, Elementary School Teaching - University of Iowa
Connect with a tutor like Cynthia

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Allison
Certified Tutor

Allison

MED California State University-Fullerton
Middle School MathElementary School Math15+ more
Get Started
Karen
Certified Tutor

Karen

MS Samford University
Middle School MathElementary School Math29+ more
Get Started
Frank
Certified Tutor

Frank

Bachelor's University
Elementary School ReadingElementary School English1+ more
Get Started
Korinn
Certified Tutor

Korinn

Bachelor's University
Middle School MathElementary School Math41+ more
Get Started
Christina
Certified Tutor

Christina

AB Birmingham Southern College
Elementary MathElementary School Math63+ more
Get Started
Tashai
Certified Tutor

Tashai

AB Kaplan University-Cedar Falls Campus
Elementary School MathPhonics5+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us