Ashley
Certified Tutor

10+ years of tutoring

Ashley

Bachelors, History, Political Science Kent State University at Stark
Masters, Education, Curriculum and Instruction Cleveland State University
  • Working with children has always been a passion of mine.

About Me

As a pre-teen, it started with endless hours of babysitting on the weekends and over the summer. As I got got older, entering high school and college, I started tutoring students both my age and younger, and in all subject areas. Today, I am a middle school teacher, working in a field that I have been passionate about for many years. One of the most rewarding things that I get to experience as an educator is seeing those "light bulb" moments, where it all starts to click for my students. To me, this is one of the joys of tutoring students as well. Throughout my own educational experiences and as an educator, I have built a knowledge base in a wide variety of subjects and I look forward to being able to share that with each student I tutor and see those light-bulbs go off!

Hobbies & Interests

Cooking, reading, hiking and talking walks with my dog and husband, and watching sports, especially hockey.

Education

Bachelors, History, Political Science - Kent State University at Stark
Masters, Education, Curriculum and Instruction - Cleveland State University

Q&A with Ashley

My teaching philosophy is that no two students learn the same way. All students are capable of learning and it is the job of the educator to figure out which way their students learn best.
Connect with a tutor like Ashley

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Michelle
Certified Tutor

Michelle

Current Grad Student, M.D. Baylor College of Medicine
Pre-AlgebraPre-Calculus26+ more
Get Started
Asta
Certified Tutor

Asta

Bachelor in Arts in Political Science University of Chicago
Pre-AlgebraCollege Algebra72+ more
Get Started
Shayan
Certified Tutor

Shayan

Current Grad Student, Pre-Health University of Pennsylvania
CalculusAlgebra28+ more
Get Started
Sydny
Certified Tutor

Sydny

Bachelor of Science Duke University
CalculusAlgebra25+ more
Get Started
Nishad
Certified Tutor

Nishad

Bachelors, Premedicine Pennsylvania State University-Main Campus
CalculusAlgebra23+ more
Get Started
Sugi
Certified Tutor

Sugi

Bachelor's degree in Cognitive Science and Biochemistry & Cell Biology Rice University
Pre-AlgebraCollege Algebra52+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us