Caroline
Certified Tutor

10+ years of tutoring

Caroline

Bachelors, Global Economics and Modern Language (Spanish) Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus
  • I graduated from Georgia Tech in May 2015 with a B.S. in Global Economics and Modern Languages.
  • After I graduated from Georgia Tech in May, I moved to Munich and worked as an au pair for five months.

Test Scores

SAT Scores
Composite1510
Math760
Verbal710
Writing730

About Me

Throughout my four years in university, I worked as a nanny for a family in Atlanta with 3 children, aged 3 through 12, and tutored them and assisted with homework. I also volunteered at an after school program for underprivileged kids called Atlanta Union Mission where I worked with small groups of elementary, middle, and high school students on homework assignments. I used this opportunity to travel around Europe and learn German. Although I studied Spanish throughout high school and college and am fluent in the language, I love learning about new cultures and languages and am excited to continue to grow in my linguistic abilities. I think that a good teacher can make all of the difference in a student's life. As a child, I believed that I was bad at math and did not see the value in learning it. However, I had a math teacher in sixth grade who pushed and encouraged me and made me love it. I then went on to take advanced math classes throughout middle and high school and then attend a technical university with a heavy math emphasis. I believe that many students are disinterested in academics because they feel discouraged, and I hope to turn this around in the same way that my sixth grade math teacher did for me through persistence and positive reinforcement.

Hobbies & Interests

Animals, the outdoors, hiking, yoga, travel, learning about new cultures and languages, trying new foods, meeting new people

Education

Bachelors, Global Economics and Modern Language (Spanish) - Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus

Q&A with Caroline

Enthusiasm for the subject and positive energy are the most important parts of teaching.
Connect with a tutor like Caroline

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Reid
Certified Tutor

Reid

PHD, Education Harvard University
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math34+ more
Get Started
Liz
Certified Tutor

Liz

Masters, Special Education: Mild to Moderate Disabilities 5-12 Simmons College
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math39+ more
Get Started
Christopher
Certified Tutor

Christopher

Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering Harvard College
AP Calculus ABCollege Algebra50+ more
Get Started
Justin
Certified Tutor

Justin

Current Grad Student, Philosophy University of New Mexico-Main Campus
CalculusAlgebra34+ more
Get Started
Asta
Certified Tutor

Asta

Bachelor in Arts in Political Science University of Chicago
Pre-AlgebraCollege Algebra72+ more
Get Started
James
Certified Tutor

James

Bachelor in Arts, Chemistry Harvard University
AP Calculus ABAlgebra 3/435+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us