Mariah
Certified Tutor

9+ years of tutoring

Mariah

Bachelor of Fine Arts, Theater Arts New York University
  • I recently graduated from New York University Tisch School of the Arts.
  • I myself am a writer and an avid reader, always excelling at liberal arts subjects in my education thus far.

About Me

Back in 2016, I started a nonprofit organization devoted to getting children outside and providing hands-on, exciting environmental education that emphasized sustainability and outdoor-based knowledge. My mother was a schoolteacher, so I grew up in a household surrounded with constant exposure to teaching theories, developmental psychology and methods of elementary education. Additionally, I have worked for four years now as a nanny and swim instructor in multiple full-time positions, so I am extremely comfortable working with children and equally qualified to do so. I'm just a people person through and through, so it goes without saying that I'm happy to work with elementary schoolers, middle schoolers, high schoolers, and adults just the same. I can help teach and refine skills in all things related or similar to reading comprehension, essay and creative writing, grammar, literature, and remedial or developmental reading and writing skills. This also goes for adjacent subjects such as history, environmental studies, current events, research papers, you name it! I'm devoted to making my students' experiences as unique and individual as each of them are. I pride myself on being attentive to individual needs and making the environment I tutor in one that is engaging, supportive, fun, and stress-free.

Hobbies & Interests

Film, Piano, Reading, Writing, Novels, Poetry, Environmental Studies, Hiking, Camping. Laughing!

Education

Bachelor of Fine Arts, Theater Arts - New York University
Connect with a tutor like Mariah

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Christopher
Certified Tutor

Christopher

Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering Harvard College
AP Calculus ABCollege Algebra50+ more
Get Started
Asta
Certified Tutor

Asta

Bachelor in Arts in Political Science University of Chicago
Pre-AlgebraCollege Algebra72+ more
Get Started
Brittney
Certified Tutor

Brittney

Master of Arts, English Grand Valley State University
CalculusAlgebra27+ more
Get Started
Tom
Certified Tutor

Tom

PHD, American Studies Boston University
Pre-AlgebraCollege Algebra39+ more
Get Started
Emily
Certified Tutor

Emily

Juris Doctor, Public Interest Law Certificate Loyola University Chicago School of Law
CalculusAlgebra17+ more
Get Started
Valerie
Certified Tutor

Valerie

Bachelor in Arts, Classics, Theatre University of Chicago
Pre-AlgebraCollege Algebra36+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us
Find More Tutors Like Mariah with Bachelor's with 6+ Years Experience | Varsity Tutors