Elizabeth
Certified Tutor

10+ years of tutoring

Elizabeth

Bachelor in Arts, Psychology Ohio University
Doctor of Science, Epidemiology University of Cincinnati-Main Campus
  • I have a variety of scientific interests, which is why I decided to pursue a PhD in epidemiology.

About Me

I manage programs across a spectrum of needs including scientific promotion, research program design and implementation, strategic planning, and financial tracking. I have studied a number of disorders including smooth muscle cell proliferation in heart disease, DNA repair in ataxia telangiectasia, second messenger signalling in pancreatic cancer, and protein folding in hereditary pancreatitis. I am interested in the application of large data set information to appropriately inform clinical decisions and health/environmental policies. Biostatistical ethics and reproducible data are, therefore, important areas of research to me. I am also interested in cost-efficient ways to improve health outcomes, such as diet and stress. I love teaching and explaining ideas--seeing the change on a person's face when they finally 'get' a concept. I especially enjoying teaching scientific writing (including grant writing), basic biostatistics, and biomedical and statistical ethics. My passion for writing includes communicating scientific concepts to the general public, and listening to people in order to understand what they want to know. I have learned, through my work with Dr. Erin Haynes, to also listen to communities, and to value the expertise that they bring to me. Specialties: Some people are creative, some people can spin, and some people know science, but few can combine all three. I make grants better. I bring seventeen years of benchwork, including molecular biology and small animal surgery, as part of my experiential package. Expert in experimental design, career development programs, and some expertise in the design and analysis of human research studies.

Hobbies & Interests

My hobbies include improving research design and evaluation for optimized rigor and reproducibility, teaching lost fiber arts such as tablet weaving, nalbinding, and sprang, and medieval combat of all types including jousting.

Education

Bachelor in Arts, Psychology - Ohio University
Doctor of Science, Epidemiology - University of Cincinnati-Main Campus
Connect with a tutor like Elizabeth

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Michelle
Certified Tutor

Michelle

Current Grad Student, M.D. Baylor College of Medicine
Pre-AlgebraPre-Calculus26+ more
Get Started
Asta
Certified Tutor

Asta

Bachelor in Arts in Political Science University of Chicago
Pre-AlgebraCollege Algebra72+ more
Get Started
Shayan
Certified Tutor

Shayan

Current Grad Student, Pre-Health University of Pennsylvania
CalculusAlgebra28+ more
Get Started
Sydny
Certified Tutor

Sydny

Bachelor of Science Duke University
CalculusAlgebra25+ more
Get Started
Nishad
Certified Tutor

Nishad

Bachelors, Premedicine Pennsylvania State University-Main Campus
CalculusAlgebra23+ more
Get Started
Sugi
Certified Tutor

Sugi

Bachelor's degree in Cognitive Science and Biochemistry & Cell Biology Rice University
Pre-AlgebraCollege Algebra52+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us