Rachel
Certified Tutor

10+ years of tutoring

Rachel

Bachelors, Communication Sciences & Disorders Touro College (Lander College for Women)
  • A few summers ago, I was an assistant teacher at Otsar Early Childhood Center, a preschool catering to children with developmental delays.
  • I am currently working at the Rebecca School, a school for children with communication and social delays, mainly Autism.

About Me

I am a recent graduate of Lander College for Women (Touro Undergraduate Division) and a prospective graduate student in speech-language pathology. Throughout my academic career, I was always a strong student with a high GPA. I have always enjoyed using my academic strengths to help fellow students. In college, I tutored students in my major, guiding them through their studying, editing their assignments, and giving them general tidbits and tools. In courses outside of my major, students would come to me for help with essays and tests, and would ask me general inquiries like, "What does the teacher want to see," or "What is the best way to succeed in the course?"Outside of my career as a student, I have also been heavily involved with children with special needs. Throughout my experience with special needs, I have helped children with language development, reading comprehension and math. Playing the role of tutor and teacher, I believe I have shown the qualities of patience, empathy, support and positivity. I genuinely enjoy the process of meeting new people, entering their world, and helping them fulfill their potential. The transformation of a frustrated, stressed student to a happy, confident student is truly remarkable to watch, and the joy that I experience is what motivates me to continue doing my work. Looking forward to working with you!

Hobbies & Interests

Playing musical instruments and singing, Working with special needs,

Education

Bachelors, Communication Sciences & Disorders - Touro College (Lander College for Women)

Q&A with Rachel

The relationship is the key to learning!
Connect with a tutor like Rachel

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Asta
Certified Tutor

Asta

Bachelor in Arts in Political Science University of Chicago
Pre-AlgebraCollege Algebra72+ more
Get Started
Matthew
Certified Tutor

Matthew

Bachelor's University
AP Calculus ABCollege Algebra25+ more
Get Started
Julie
Certified Tutor

Julie

Bachelor in Arts, Philosophy Princeton University
12th Grade Math11th Grade Math81+ more
Get Started
Valerie
Certified Tutor

Valerie

Bachelor in Arts, Classics, Theatre University of Chicago
Pre-AlgebraCollege Algebra36+ more
Get Started
Richard
Certified Tutor

Richard

Bachelor in Arts, Government Harvard University
AP Calculus BCAP Calculus AB69+ more
Get Started
Jessica
Certified Tutor

Jessica

Masters in Education, Education Policy and Management Harvard University
Pre-AlgebraArithmetic25+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us