Stephen
Certified Tutor

10+ years of tutoring

Stephen

Bachelors, Physics Virginia Tech University
PHD, Experimental High Energy Particle Physics University of Oklahoma Norman Campus
PHD, Modern Physics University of Oklahoma Norman Campus

About Me

I have twenty years teaching experience in math & physics. I worked my way through college and know what it means to be a working student. I got into graduate school after being out of school for five years by taking a graduate class at my own expense and scoring in the top half of that class. I believe in empowering student success. I help students understand problems by developing their critical thinking skills. I have worked with a wide variety of student backgrounds and motivations and have an adaptive teaching style that can meet most students' needs.

Hobbies & Interests

Watching science fiction shows, especially Star Trek and Star Wars, and playing computer games, too.

Education

Bachelors, Physics - Virginia Tech University
PHD, Experimental High Energy Particle Physics - University of Oklahoma Norman Campus
PHD, Modern Physics - University of Oklahoma Norman Campus

Q&A with Stephen

I believe in empowering students to succeed by increasing their confidence and showing them that they know more than they think they do. I focus on fundamentals of underlying principles which can be applied to a variety of problems.
Connect with a tutor like Stephen

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Sung
Certified Tutor

Sung

Bachelor of Science Yale University
11th Grade Math10th Grade Math25+ more
Get Started
Ben
Certified Tutor

Ben

Bachelors, Mathematics University of Pennsylvania
12th Grade Math11th Grade Math48+ more
Get Started
Julie
Certified Tutor

Julie

Bachelor in Arts, Philosophy Princeton University
12th Grade Math11th Grade Math81+ more
Get Started
Allan
Certified Tutor

Allan

Bachelors, Biological Sciences Northwestern University
12th Grade Math11th Grade Math83+ more
Get Started
Ariela
Certified Tutor

Ariela

Current Undergrad, Theater & Performance Studies University of Chicago
12th Grade Math11th Grade Math37+ more
Get Started
Eric
Certified Tutor

Eric

Bachelor in Arts Princeton University
12th Grade Math11th Grade Math69+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us