Meg
Certified Tutor

10+ years of tutoring

Meg

Bachelors, English Ohio State University-Main Campus
Current Grad Student, Sociology and Education Columbia Teacher's College
  • I'm currently a graduate student in education at Columbia Teacher's College.

About Me

I previously taught middle school in sunny South Carolina. For undergrad, I went to Ohio State where I studied English and Creative Writing. Reading is my absolute favorite thing, so tutoring English is my favorite subject! While my background is in English, I taught Science so I'm flexible on content I can teach. From teaching I learned that all students are different, and I'm interested in getting to know the individuals I work with. Everyone has their own strengths, and I believe tutoring is about building on those strengths. I'm happy to teach you some test-taking, reading, and problem-solving strategies so that you can show off your always-growing brain!

Hobbies & Interests

Reading is my favorite way to spend free time. When I'm not reading I like exploring all that New York has to offer: great views, shows, shops, and museums!

Education

Bachelors, English - Ohio State University-Main Campus
Current Grad Student, Sociology and Education - Columbia Teacher's College

Q&A with Meg

I believe in individualized student learning, which builds on strengths of the scholar to create momentum.
Connect with a tutor like Meg

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Reid
Certified Tutor

Reid

PHD, Education Harvard University
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math34+ more
Get Started
Christopher
Certified Tutor

Christopher

Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering Harvard College
AP Calculus ABCollege Algebra50+ more
Get Started
Liz
Certified Tutor

Liz

Masters, Special Education: Mild to Moderate Disabilities 5-12 Simmons College
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math39+ more
Get Started
Asta
Certified Tutor

Asta

Bachelor in Arts in Political Science University of Chicago
Pre-AlgebraCollege Algebra72+ more
Get Started
Justin
Certified Tutor

Justin

Current Grad Student, Philosophy University of New Mexico-Main Campus
CalculusAlgebra34+ more
Get Started
James
Certified Tutor

James

Bachelor in Arts, Chemistry Harvard University
AP Calculus ABAlgebra 3/435+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us