Emily
Certified Tutor

10+ years of tutoring

Emily

Bachelor of Science, Psychology Loyola University-Chicago
Certificate, Elementary School Teaching Western Governors University
  • I also have a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology at Loyola University Chicago and took some Education Policy courses there as well.

About Me

Hi there! My name is Emily and I just graduated from Western Governors University with my Postbaccalaureate in Elementary Education and have my teaching license in Elementary Education from Utah and Illinois. In between my degrees I worked as a self contained special education teaching assistant in a middle school and assisted students from 6th-8th grade. Before going back to receive my teaching license and as part of my program, I student taught math, ELA, and social studies in a 6th grade classroom during the beginning of 2021 as part of my degree. While I tutor and assist a broad range of subjects, I am most passionate about Math and passing the knowledge that I've gained through my educational experience down to my students. I love to balance work and fun throughout my time with my students by folding math games into my sessions. I strongly believe that education effects and is effected by many factors of life and work to help address these factors in order to provide students with quality education. In my spare time, I enjoy doing yoga, working out, spending time with my friends, and enjoying a good movie/watching TV.

Hobbies & Interests

Shopping, hanging out with friends, yoga, watching TV/movies, and making friendship bracelets.

Education

Bachelor of Science, Psychology - Loyola University-Chicago
Certificate, Elementary School Teaching - Western Governors University
Connect with a tutor like Emily

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Mimi
Certified Tutor

Mimi

Masters in Education, Education Harvard University
Middle School MathCalculus30+ more
Get Started
Aaron
Certified Tutor

Aaron

Current Grad Student, Mechanical Engineering Duke University
Pre-AlgebraCalculus 221+ more
Get Started
Nina
Certified Tutor

Nina

Masters in biostatistics Columbia University
Statistics Graduate LevelStatistics22+ more
Get Started
Reid
Certified Tutor

Reid

PHD, Education Harvard University
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math34+ more
Get Started
Christopher
Certified Tutor

Christopher

Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering Harvard College
AP Calculus ABCollege Algebra50+ more
Get Started
Solange
Certified Tutor

Solange

Bachelor in Arts (Sociology & Women's Studies) Harvard University
CalculusAlgebra30+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us