Rebecca
Certified Tutor

10+ years of tutoring

Rebecca

Bachelors, Sociology and French Northern Arizona University
  • In life, I always try to surround myself with different people and environments.
  • After working in a retirement home for a year, I decided to join Teach for America and began teaching in rural Eastern North Carolina.

About Me

I was born in The Netherlands and have lived on the West Coast (CA and AZ) since the age of 7. I attended Northern Arizona University and obtained a BS in Sociology and a BA in French in 2013. My junior year of college, I had the amazing opportunity to study sociology in Montpellier, France. During college, I always stayed involved in with volunteer organizations and have worked with everything from building trails in the wild forests of Utah to befriending home-bound seniors get around easier. I had the pleasure of teaching second grade for two years. The students had skill levels and interests of all kinds, and I truly learned how to adapt and facilitate. Although we were an underfunded district in a low-income rural area, we created a classroom centered around exploration and diligence. By the end of the year, students were telling me things about the world that I didn't know! The best moment is when a student figures or learns something on their own because of the tools you have given them. That's what makes me excited about tutoring one-on-one in New York City. I enjoy tutoring elementary subjects because they can be done in very creative and engaging ways. Even math can be drawn, sung or painted. My sessions will strive to create real connections and interactions with the content. I can also tutor in French for all ages. Outside of tutoring, I am working on an educational app that would coach parents on how to help their students with academic vocabulary. I also enjoy music, art, biking, hiking, traveling and exploring coffee shops.

Hobbies & Interests

I enjoy art, music, biking, traveling, and playing ukulele.

Education

Bachelors, Sociology and French - Northern Arizona University
Connect with a tutor like Rebecca

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Reid
Certified Tutor

Reid

PHD, Education Harvard University
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math34+ more
Get Started
Solange
Certified Tutor

Solange

Bachelor in Arts (Sociology & Women's Studies) Harvard University
CalculusAlgebra30+ more
Get Started
Liz
Certified Tutor

Liz

Masters, Special Education: Mild to Moderate Disabilities 5-12 Simmons College
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math39+ more
Get Started
Christopher
Certified Tutor

Christopher

Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering Harvard College
AP Calculus ABCollege Algebra50+ more
Get Started
Henry
Certified Tutor

Henry

Bachelor in Arts, History Harvard College
CalculusAlgebra40+ more
Get Started
Asta
Certified Tutor

Asta

Bachelor in Arts in Political Science University of Chicago
Pre-AlgebraCollege Algebra72+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us