Jasmine
Certified Tutor

10+ years of tutoring

Jasmine

Current Undergrad, Special Education Cleveland State University
  • My career goals have gained much aspiration over the years, but my love for education has remained just as strong.
  • My academic education has been enhanced through attending Purdue University and Cleveland State University.

About Me

When I was growing up, I used to spend my recess tutoring my friends and playing "school." My favorite Barbie was Teacher Barbie, and my personal hero changed every fall when I was introduced to my new teacher. Currently, I am working towards a degree in Special Education. My experience with tutoring dates back to high school in 2009 when I attended the Teacher Education Exploration program at Lorain County Community college to supplement my high school classes. Through that program, I began to teach, tutor, and mentor students of all grade levels K-12. In college, I have taken several courses on tutoring, as well as courses, on understanding students' needs and disabilities within the classroom. I tutor in math, writing, reading, study skills, and organization, although my favorite subject to tutor in is writing. I've always had a love for writing so it comes easiest to me and I believe that it's a lot of fun. Math is also a favorite subject of mine because my techniques for math are different than many other tutors. As a student who previously struggled in math, I had to find my own ways to understand the material. Previous clients have told me that I have an interesting way of teaching that they understand better than their classroom teachers. My teaching philosophy is that every student is unique and has the ability to do great things in their lifetime. It is up to their teachers to encourage them and to help them discover their way of learning so that they will not only succeed, but so that they will learn to love a good challenge, instead of fearing them. School should be a safe place, not a place of shame and embarrassment and it is my goal to ensure that every single student I work with can return to school with confidence, a newfound love for learning, and a smile. Outside of tutoring, I like to consider myself well-rounded because I enjoy so many different types of hobbies and activities. I enjoy dance, as I've been a dancer for over 15 years. I enjoy video games, anime, knitting, jewelry making, baking desserts, running and fitness, and traveling. At the end of the day, I'm a great tutor with a great amount of patience and a love for learning. I like to consider my tutoring session's fun and essential. Learning should be exciting so there's no need to be nervous and there's no need to be embarrassed. We can laugh, we can joke, and we can learn together. As long as our sessions end with better grades and a smile on your face, we're on the right track!

Hobbies & Interests

and activities. I enjoy dance, as I've been a dancer for over 15 years. I enjoy video games, anime, knitting, jewelry making, baking desserts, running and fitness, and traveling. At the end of the day, I'm a great tutor with a great amount of patience and a love for learning. I like to consider my tutoring session's fun and essential. Learning should be exciting so there's no need to be nervous and there's no need to be embarrassed. We can laugh, we can joke, and we can learn together. As long as our sessions end with better grades and a smile on your face, we're on the right track!

Education

Current Undergrad, Special Education - Cleveland State University

Q&A with Jasmine

My teaching philosophy is that every student is unique and has the ability to do great things in their lifetime. It is up to their teachers to encourage them and to help them discover their way of learning so that they will not only succeed, but so that they will learn to love a good challenge instead of fearing them. School should be a safe place, not a place of shame and embarrassment. It is my goal to ensure that every single student I work with can return to school with confidence, a newfound love for learning, and a smile.
Connect with a tutor like Jasmine

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Reid
Certified Tutor

Reid

PHD, Education Harvard University
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math34+ more
Get Started
Solange
Certified Tutor

Solange

Bachelor in Arts (Sociology & Women's Studies) Harvard University
CalculusAlgebra30+ more
Get Started
Christopher
Certified Tutor

Christopher

Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering Harvard College
AP Calculus ABCollege Algebra50+ more
Get Started
Liz
Certified Tutor

Liz

Masters, Special Education: Mild to Moderate Disabilities 5-12 Simmons College
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math39+ more
Get Started
Asta
Certified Tutor

Asta

Bachelor in Arts in Political Science University of Chicago
Pre-AlgebraCollege Algebra72+ more
Get Started
Elena
Certified Tutor

Elena

Masters, Biblical Studies University of Edinburgh
CalculusAlgebra28+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us