Meghan
Certified Tutor

10+ years of tutoring

Meghan

Bachelor in Arts, History George Washington University
Master of Arts, Museum Studies George Washington University
  • I am a graduate of the George Washington University, for both my undergraduate and graduate degrees.

Test Scores

SAT Scores
Composite1400
Verbal720
ACT Scores
Composite31
English31
Reading35

About Me

I have a Bachelors of Arts in history with a minor in mathematics. My focus was a blend of American and intellectual history. I graduated as a member of the University Honors Program, magna cum laude, and with honors from the history department for my thesis. My Masters of Arts degree is in Museum Studies with a focus on exhibition design and development and American Studies. I spent a year as an Americorps member tutoring and leading an after school program in Washington, DC.I worked with my students to improve their literacy skills, over all academic abilities, and to develop a love of reading. I also taught at the National Building Museum as a museum teacher. Since graduating from my masters program I have worked in various DC museums doing public programming. My tutoring ranges from history, both US and world, English, writing, and grammar to elementary and middle school math and Algebra 1 and 2. I love to learn and want to share that with my students. Beyond helping my students better understand subject matter, I want to help my students appreciate how they learn and the ways for them to negotiate challenges. I am an avid reader; I try to alternate between history, philosophy, and literature. I enjoy spending time outdoors either kayaking or hiking. I am also interested in cooking and baking.

Hobbies & Interests

Photography, yoga, hiking, cooking

Education

Bachelor in Arts, History - George Washington University
Master of Arts, Museum Studies - George Washington University
Connect with a tutor like Meghan

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Ben
Certified Tutor

Ben

Bachelors, Mathematics University of Pennsylvania
12th Grade Math11th Grade Math48+ more
Get Started
Sung
Certified Tutor

Sung

Bachelor of Science Yale University
11th Grade Math10th Grade Math25+ more
Get Started
Julie
Certified Tutor

Julie

Bachelor in Arts, Philosophy Princeton University
12th Grade Math11th Grade Math81+ more
Get Started
Nima
Certified Tutor

Nima

Bachelors, Physics Duke University
12th Grade Math11th Grade Math97+ more
Get Started
Waleed
Certified Tutor

Waleed

Masters in Business Administration, Masters of Business Administration Virginia Commonwealth University
11th Grade Math10th Grade Math41+ more
Get Started
Greg
Certified Tutor

Greg

Building Engineer, Chemical Engineering and Math Vanderbilt University
12th Grade Math11th Grade Math42+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us