Maia
Certified Tutor

8+ years of tutoring

Maia

Bachelor in Arts, Medical Anthropology Case Western Reserve University
Master of Arts, Bioethics and Medical Ethics Case Western Reserve University
  • I believe education is essential to maintaining both individual fortitude and strengthening the wellbeing of community.

About Me

We all deserve to learn in the way that best engages us and the world around us. I've worked with students as a tutor in high school through the National Honors Society. In college, I tutored peers on study skills and organizational habits. As a graduate student, I worked as a teaching assistant through the Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth at Princeton University, teaching a high school Epidemiology course. Professionally, I've tutored children on the Autism spectrum with additional learning disabilities including ADHD and Dyslexia. I earned a Bachelor's of Arts (BA) at Case Western Reserve University in Medical Anthropology and Cognitive Science. I earned my Master of Arts (MA) degree, also at CWRU School of Medicine, in Bioethics and Medical Humanities. I'm still deciding whether to go back to school to pursue a PhD in either Special Education or Disability Studies. I tutor reading, writing, history, science, humanities, social studies, math, and more specific topics including research techniques, anthropology, and journalism. I love tutoring in history and social studies because, while many believe history is written in stone, there are so many nuances to continually discover. Human biases exist everywhere, even in subjects seeming as concrete as science. It's fun to peel back the layers of why or how something was written or "discovered."In my tutoring, I prioritize open and honest communication. I welcome all types of feedback. I want to make sure each student is connecting to the material in the way that works best for their unique learning style. I don't show or tolerate any form of disrespect or discrimination.

Hobbies & Interests

Creating visual art (painting, collage)

Education

Bachelor in Arts, Medical Anthropology - Case Western Reserve University
Master of Arts, Bioethics and Medical Ethics - Case Western Reserve University
Connect with a tutor like Maia

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Reid
Certified Tutor

Reid

PHD, Education Harvard University
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math34+ more
Get Started
Sydny
Certified Tutor

Sydny

Bachelor of Science Duke University
CalculusAlgebra25+ more
Get Started
Natalie
Certified Tutor

Natalie

Bachelor in Arts, Neurobiology and Behavior University of Pennsylvania
Middle School MathGeometry45+ more
Get Started
Katie
Certified Tutor

Katie

Bachelor in Arts, Medical Anthropology Brown University
CalculusAlgebra28+ more
Get Started
Todd
Certified Tutor

Todd

Master of Social Work, Social Work University of Chicago
Pre-AlgebraStatistics62+ more
Get Started
Jamie
Certified Tutor

Jamie

Bachelor in Arts Princeton University
CalculusAlgebra20+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us