Margaret
Certified Tutor

10+ years of tutoring

Margaret

Bachelor in Arts, Teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) Liberty University

About Me

I am a successful and compassionate educator with over 5 years of experience working with students in classroom, small group, and 1-on-1 settings. I hold a B.A. in Teaching English as a Second Language, which I have used to prepare over 40 refugee minors to enter into the U.S. public school system, equip dozens of adult learners to obtain jobs and connect with their communities, and expand the horizons of 200 foreign students with the possibilities of bilingualism. Additionally, my thorough knowledge of the English language has allowed me to work as a collegiate writing coach, executing detailed revisions of academic assignments and helping students improve their writing skills. My experience is not limited to language arts, however, as my career has led me to students with a variety of needs and I have tutored students in grades K-12 in math, science, history, and Spanish. Tutoring in and of itself has become a passion of mine, as I have seen the confidence and skills that one-on-one instruction can provide to students who would otherwise be struggling. From kindergarteners who are grasping the tools necessary to excel academically to seniors who are embracing the language required to engage socially, every student is working towards a massive goal and I consider it a joy to provide them with the resources and support to reach it.

Hobbies & Interests

In my free time, I enjoy hiking, reading, gardening, and catching up with friends over a good cup of chai!

Education

Bachelor in Arts, Teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) - Liberty University
Connect with a tutor like Margaret

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Reid
Certified Tutor

Reid

PHD, Education Harvard University
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math34+ more
Get Started
Christopher
Certified Tutor

Christopher

Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering Harvard College
AP Calculus ABCollege Algebra50+ more
Get Started
Solange
Certified Tutor

Solange

Bachelor in Arts (Sociology & Women's Studies) Harvard University
CalculusAlgebra30+ more
Get Started
Liz
Certified Tutor

Liz

Masters, Special Education: Mild to Moderate Disabilities 5-12 Simmons College
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math39+ more
Get Started
Elena
Certified Tutor

Elena

Masters, Biblical Studies University of Edinburgh
CalculusAlgebra28+ more
Get Started
Henry
Certified Tutor

Henry

Bachelor in Arts, History Harvard College
CalculusAlgebra40+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us