Evan
Certified Tutor

10+ years of tutoring

Evan

Bachelor of Science, Physics Virginia Commonwealth University
  • Learning a new subject is an exciting journey, and I am passionate about tutoring because I get to help students along that path.
  • Tutoring allows me to witness students connect with material and have those "Ah-ha!" moments.

About Me

Throughout my school career I would collaborate with my classmates to tackle particularly tough material. I have naturally been drawn to helping others and have often found myself on both sides of the tutoring relationship. So, I can give students instruction empathically and patiently. I graduated from VCU with a Bachelor's of Science in Physics in 2016. While I was there I led a lab class where I worked with individuals and small groups of students, helping them to understand and use physics and math concepts. My style of tutoring is like a discussion. By asking questions, I teach the student how to think through problems and come up with their own methods to approach problems. Outside of tutoring, I enjoy being outdoors, cooking, and trying new things. My dog helps me with some of those things.

Hobbies & Interests

I enjoy being outdoors, cooking, and trying new things! I'm also teaching myself Spanish.

Education

Bachelor of Science, Physics - Virginia Commonwealth University
Connect with a tutor like Evan

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Mimi
Certified Tutor

Mimi

Masters in Education, Education Harvard University
Middle School MathCalculus30+ more
Get Started
Aaron
Certified Tutor

Aaron

Current Grad Student, Mechanical Engineering Duke University
Pre-AlgebraCalculus 221+ more
Get Started
Nina
Certified Tutor

Nina

Masters in biostatistics Columbia University
Statistics Graduate LevelStatistics22+ more
Get Started
Reid
Certified Tutor

Reid

PHD, Education Harvard University
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math34+ more
Get Started
Michelle
Certified Tutor

Michelle

Current Grad Student, M.D. Baylor College of Medicine
Pre-AlgebraPre-Calculus26+ more
Get Started
Liz
Certified Tutor

Liz

Masters, Special Education: Mild to Moderate Disabilities 5-12 Simmons College
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math39+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us