Robert
Certified Tutor

10+ years of tutoring

Robert

Current Undergrad Student, Mechanical Engineering University of Maryland-College Park
  • I then became more capable in mirroring these processes in those that I aided.
  • My true passion for tutoring began when I was formally approached to tutor my younger sister's friend who was struggling with algebra.

Test Scores

SAT Scores
Composite1520
Math770
Verbal740
Writing710

About Me

Throughout my education, I found it common that I would be approached to aid peers in helping to understand material being focusing on in class. In helping others, not only did I begin to understand the material better myself, but I also began to enhance the understanding of my own learning processes. I was a senior in high school, excited and intimidated at the prospect of someone's understanding and success becoming, in part, my responsibility. Her progression and eventual success in understanding algebra solidified my interest in tutoring. I find great satisfaction in helping others, and even greater satisfactions in enabling others to better help themselves. I am currently working towards a degree in engineering, most recently attending the University of Maryland, Clark School of Engineering as an out-of-state student originally hailing from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I specialize in tutoring all ranges of mathematics. Math and the sciences of physics, chemistry, and biology have always been my strongest areas as a student. I believe my experience as a tutor and understanding of learning processes make me a capable and proficient tutor. My tutoring style is initially problem based. I believe the best way to gauge a student's capability in any subject is to provide questions that reveal the foundation and challenges of the subject being taught. In observing the student's approach to problem-solving and then providing active aid where helpful, I can find where the student is lacking in understanding. From this starting point, I then more directly teach to the issues in developing a complete and applicable understanding of the subject matter. Beyond academia, my main passion has always been athletics. I have played many sports during my amateur career with my longest and most active participation in Ice Hockey. I played in the PAHL for 11 years, the PIHL for 4 years, and the ACHA for 3 years while attending the University of Maryland. I love following the NFL and the NHL. My apologies to the local fanbases, but the Penguins and the Steelers have always been my favorite teams to root for! Outside of athletics I also have a strong interest in all types of games; board, card, and otherwise. I enjoy game theory and have recently developed a passion for chess. I look forward to working with your student and developing their confidence in the subject matter at hand, while growing their ability to better help themself!

Hobbies & Interests

Ice Hockey, Chess, Running

Education

Current Undergrad Student, Mechanical Engineering - University of Maryland-College Park
Connect with a tutor like Robert

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Mimi
Certified Tutor

Mimi

Masters in Education, Education Harvard University
Middle School MathCalculus30+ more
Get Started
Maya
Certified Tutor

Maya

Bachelor in Arts Yale University
CalculusAlgebra36+ more
Get Started
Julie
Certified Tutor

Julie

Bachelor in Arts, Philosophy Princeton University
12th Grade Math11th Grade Math81+ more
Get Started
Victoria
Certified Tutor

Victoria

Bachelor in Arts Princeton University
CalculusAlgebra26+ more
Get Started
Vivian
Certified Tutor

Vivian

Bachelor in Arts Yale University
CalculusAlgebra64+ more
Get Started
Michelle
Certified Tutor

Michelle

Masters, American Studies Columbia University in the City of New York
CalculusAlgebra32+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us