Amanda
Certified Tutor

10+ years of tutoring

Amanda

Bachelors, Mathematics Richard Bland College of the College of William and Mary
Masters, Statistics Virginia Commonwealth University
  • I love helping kids to understand and appreciate the applications of math.

Test Scores

SAT Scores
Math700

About Me

I volunteered as a mentor with middle school students while attending the College of William & Mary, where I received a BS in Mathematics. After college, I worked as a tutor at a public high school, teaching algebra and geometry. More recently, I received an MS in Statistics from Virginia Commonwealth University, where I tutored undergraduate students as a teaching assistant. I believe that tutoring works best if the tutor and student work together to figure out how to best help the student learn. My goal is to help the student become independent and empowered in their education. I am available for in person and online tutoring.

Hobbies & Interests

Reading, playing the guitar, hiking

Education

Bachelors, Mathematics - Richard Bland College of the College of William and Mary
Masters, Statistics - Virginia Commonwealth University

Q&A with Amanda

I believe that the student and tutor can achieve the best results by working together to determine how the student learns.
Connect with a tutor like Amanda

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Mimi
Certified Tutor

Mimi

Masters in Education, Education Harvard University
Middle School MathCalculus30+ more
Get Started
Aaron
Certified Tutor

Aaron

Current Grad Student, Mechanical Engineering Duke University
Pre-AlgebraCalculus 221+ more
Get Started
Nina
Certified Tutor

Nina

Masters in biostatistics Columbia University
Statistics Graduate LevelStatistics22+ more
Get Started
Reid
Certified Tutor

Reid

PHD, Education Harvard University
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math34+ more
Get Started
Michelle
Certified Tutor

Michelle

Current Grad Student, M.D. Baylor College of Medicine
Pre-AlgebraPre-Calculus26+ more
Get Started
Liz
Certified Tutor

Liz

Masters, Special Education: Mild to Moderate Disabilities 5-12 Simmons College
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math39+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us