Joshua
Certified Tutor

10+ years of tutoring

Joshua

Bachelors, Religion Temple University
  • I have spent a hefty chunk of my life in school, and so have had a lot of time to think about education and why it can be important.
  • We use our knowledge every day to act constructively and cohesively within our society and our environment.

Test Scores

SAT Scores
Composite1370
Verbal740

About Me

I recently graduated from Temple University where I received a BA in religion, and where I also studied cultural and linguistic anthropology. I have found myself especially fascinated by early Indian Buddhism, and my studies have allowed me to travel to India where I lived in a monastery and studied Buddhist pilgrims' use of Pali (an ancient "dead" language) in their religious practice. A person can accomplish little without knowledge, and I don't just mean developing the theory of relativity, cracking Egyptian hieroglyphics, or other similarly game-changing feats by brilliant people. The quest for knowledge, then, is one of the most universally important pursuits available to us humans. I have been fortunate enough to contribute to that pursuit for several months now as an SAT and ACT prep tutor, helping students cope with these formidable tests and earn the scores they need to continue their individual quests for knowledge (and, of course, employment) into post-secondary education. I believe that education is an act of sharing knowledge between student and teacher, and I look forward to sharing my knowledge about religion, language, and college entrance exams with you and to letting you share your knowledge with me. But when I'm not sharing or being shared with, I'll be playing drums with several bands in the Philadelphia area and memorizing soliloquies from Shakespeare for the fun of it.

Hobbies & Interests

Enjoys playing the drums and memorizing Shakespearean soliloquies.

Education

Bachelors, Religion - Temple University
Connect with a tutor like Joshua

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Reid
Certified Tutor

Reid

PHD, Education Harvard University
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math34+ more
Get Started
Liz
Certified Tutor

Liz

Masters, Special Education: Mild to Moderate Disabilities 5-12 Simmons College
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math39+ more
Get Started
Christopher
Certified Tutor

Christopher

Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering Harvard College
AP Calculus ABCollege Algebra50+ more
Get Started
Henry
Certified Tutor

Henry

Bachelor in Arts, History Harvard College
CalculusAlgebra40+ more
Get Started
Asta
Certified Tutor

Asta

Bachelor in Arts in Political Science University of Chicago
Pre-AlgebraCollege Algebra72+ more
Get Started
Justin
Certified Tutor

Justin

Current Grad Student, Philosophy University of New Mexico-Main Campus
CalculusAlgebra34+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us