Katherine
Certified Tutor

10+ years of tutoring

Katherine

Bachelors, History/English Case Western Reserve University
PHD, English Case Western Reserve University
  • I have been teaching at the college level for over 20 years.

About Me

I have taught basic writing, ESL, literature, the research paper, and numerous other classes. My favorite classes were ones I designed for the Case Western Reserve University SAGES program, specifically courses on "Lies and Deceit" and "Spies." I have assisted students with test prep work for both the ACT and the SAT, and I have worked for several years in Writing Centers. I am especially adept at helping students overcome writing anxiety, and I have numerous strategies for assisting with reading issues.

Hobbies & Interests

I love to read, especially mysteries, spy thrillers, memoirs, and general fiction. I also love to write, and I am currently working on three projects. I also love animals, and volunteered for four years at the Brooklyn Animal Shelter.

Education

Bachelors, History/English - Case Western Reserve University
PHD, English - Case Western Reserve University
Connect with a tutor like Katherine

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Reid
Certified Tutor

Reid

PHD, Education Harvard University
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math34+ more
Get Started
Christopher
Certified Tutor

Christopher

Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering Harvard College
AP Calculus ABCollege Algebra50+ more
Get Started
Liz
Certified Tutor

Liz

Masters, Special Education: Mild to Moderate Disabilities 5-12 Simmons College
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math39+ more
Get Started
Asta
Certified Tutor

Asta

Bachelor in Arts in Political Science University of Chicago
Pre-AlgebraCollege Algebra72+ more
Get Started
Justin
Certified Tutor

Justin

Current Grad Student, Philosophy University of New Mexico-Main Campus
CalculusAlgebra34+ more
Get Started
James
Certified Tutor

James

Bachelor in Arts, Chemistry Harvard University
AP Calculus ABAlgebra 3/435+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us