Sudan
Certified Tutor

7+ years of tutoring

Sudan

Bachelor of Science, Chemical Engineering Virginia Commonwealth University
  • I am a former Pre-algebra, Algebra and Geometry teacher for 5th, 7th and 8th graders.
  • I have been tutoring people in various subjects more or less my entire life.

About Me

There is always something I can help with. I have found that people all respond and learn differently and that teachers are not always the best communicators. I am of the opinion that any subject a person really wants to learn about, they can become proficient in. However, advice, teaching and tutoring are all a gift and should presented as such. If I take a five dollar bill, place it in a thank you card and hand it to someone. It will be far better received and valued, then if I throw a balled up soaking wet hundred dollar bill at them. I have tutored people of all age groups and disciplines, from 4th and 5th grade math in the Richmond school systems, to energy balances for middle aged men studying to be chemical engineers. I pride myself on finding the explanation that allows a person to understand the subject matter. My focus is general within chemistry and mathematics. I have worked one on one and within group settings within my experience of tutoring. I do not like to simply give the answers to a person but, instead want the person to work their way through the problem. I find this is the best way to help students develop their own strategies for tackling future problems. Problem solving in STEM disciplines requires more than the ability to solve the problem. I have found that some students have concentration issues. Some students have reading comprehension issues when it comes to problem wording. Some students might find the methodology of solving a particular problem to be their trouble spot. I work with students to find where their weakness are, and help them develop strategies to overcome. At the end of the day my belief is if you can understand facts or logic, you can learn anything within the STEM fields. My hope and job is to get you to a point of understanding.

Hobbies & Interests

Reading, Latin dance, science.

Education

Bachelor of Science, Chemical Engineering - Virginia Commonwealth University

Q&A with Sudan

However, advice, teaching and tutoring are all a gift and should be presented as such. If I take a five dollar bill, place it in a thank you card and hand it to someone, it will be far better received and valued than if I throw a balled up soaking wet hundred dollar bill at them.
Connect with a tutor like Sudan

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Mimi
Certified Tutor

Mimi

Masters in Education, Education Harvard University
Middle School MathCalculus30+ more
Get Started
Aaron
Certified Tutor

Aaron

Current Grad Student, Mechanical Engineering Duke University
Pre-AlgebraCalculus 221+ more
Get Started
Nina
Certified Tutor

Nina

Masters in biostatistics Columbia University
Statistics Graduate LevelStatistics22+ more
Get Started
Reid
Certified Tutor

Reid

PHD, Education Harvard University
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math34+ more
Get Started
Michelle
Certified Tutor

Michelle

Current Grad Student, M.D. Baylor College of Medicine
Pre-AlgebraPre-Calculus26+ more
Get Started
Liz
Certified Tutor

Liz

Masters, Special Education: Mild to Moderate Disabilities 5-12 Simmons College
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math39+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us