Nicholas
Certified Tutor

10+ years of tutoring

Nicholas

Bachelor of Science, Chemistry University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
  • I received my Bachelor's degree in specialized chemistry at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
  • I also performed analytical electrochemical research on neurotransmitter detection, which led to two publications.

About Me

While earning my degree, I worked for an environmental chemistry class and a computer science class as a teacher's assistant, helping students with any questions related to the classes. After graduating, I moved to Japan to teach English at several municipal schools of Kyoto City. My students ranged from first graders all the way to high school seniors. I was able to experience life in Japan while vastly improving my Japanese. As a teacher, I am a firm believer of hands on learning and asking countless questions. It is not my job to give students answers, but to guide them through each problem, giving them a stronger understanding of core principles and concepts. Of course, everyone learns at their own pace, and I will gladly slow down and simplify any explanations if needed. My drive in teaching comes from my enjoyment in using my knowledge and experience to help students understand new, difficult material. I also love leading them to those satisfying moments of realization when everything clicks, and showing students the usefulness of subjects outside of the classroom, like the chemistry of cooking! In my free time, I enjoy cooking, the guitar, video games and quality time with my friends and family.

Hobbies & Interests

I enjoy cooking, caring for my fish tank, frisbee golfing, and playing video games.

Education

Bachelor of Science, Chemistry - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Connect with a tutor like Nicholas

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Aaron
Certified Tutor

Aaron

Current Grad Student, Mechanical Engineering Duke University
Pre-AlgebraCalculus 221+ more
Get Started
Mimi
Certified Tutor

Mimi

Masters in Education, Education Harvard University
Middle School MathCalculus30+ more
Get Started
Nina
Certified Tutor

Nina

Masters in biostatistics Columbia University
Statistics Graduate LevelStatistics22+ more
Get Started
Reid
Certified Tutor

Reid

PHD, Education Harvard University
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math34+ more
Get Started
Charles
Certified Tutor

Charles

Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering Yale University
AP Calculus ABPre-Algebra24+ more
Get Started
Michelle
Certified Tutor

Michelle

Current Grad Student, M.D. Baylor College of Medicine
Pre-AlgebraPre-Calculus26+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us