Shaughnessy
Certified Tutor

2+ years of tutoring

Shaughnessy

Bachelor of Science, Biology, General University of Southern Mississippi
  • I love working one-on-one with students because it allows me to give a more personalized attention.
  • I believe in order to reach a student, you have to get to know the person first.

About Me

I received my education from the University of Southern Mississippi with a bachelor of science degree in biological sciences, with a minor in forensic science. I am a certified special education teacher (as well as life sciences) and I currently work in a behavior intervention classroom teaching high school life sciences. I enjoy teaching because it gives me joy to see the 'lightbulb' go on in a child's head when they finally 'get it'. I like connecting real world experiences whenever possible. By doing this, you learn something about them, such as likes and dislikes and some of the things that they're struggling with, both at school and maybe at home. I also believe in letting the student know a little about me. This helps establish rapport and trust, making the learning process a lot more productive. In my free time, I enjoy painting, sewing, and most things crafty. I also enjoy spending time with friends and family and binge watching Netflix.

Hobbies & Interests

painting, sewing, collecting anything Wonder Woman, spending time with family and friends

Education

Bachelor of Science, Biology, General - University of Southern Mississippi
Connect with a tutor like Shaughnessy

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

James
Certified Tutor

James

Bachelor Indiana University of Pennsylvania
EngineeringAgricultural Science18+ more
Get Started
Adam
Certified Tutor

Adam

AB University of Waterloo
ESL/ELLHigh School English28+ more
Get Started
Katie
Certified Tutor

Katie

BS University of Maryland-University College
Pre-AlgebraFinite Mathematics32+ more
Get Started
Amalia
Certified Tutor

Amalia

Bachelor's (in progress) Rhodes College
Middle School MathPhonics16+ more
Get Started
Angelique
Certified Tutor

Angelique

BS New Mexico State University-Main Campus
ChemistryMiddle School Science14+ more
Get Started
Cereese
Certified Tutor

Cereese

Bachelor's (in progress) Cornell University
WritingReading14+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us