Elana
Certified Tutor

7+ years of tutoring

Elana

Bachelors, Anthropology; Hispanic Studies Oberlin College
  • I am a graduate of Oberlin College with a BA in Hispanic Studies and in Anthropology.
  • I enjoy building a relationship with people I tutor and getting to know their interests and what motivates them.

Test Scores

ACT ScoresPerfect Score
Composite33
Math31
English33
Reading36
Science33

About Me

I am friendly and patient and think learning can be fun! This past year I worked served with Americorps where I worked with Reading Partners to support elementary students with literacy skills. I am passionate about languages and most enjoy tutoring Spanish and English as a Second Language (ESL). At Oberlin, I received training in the Organic World Languages method of teaching languages, which focuses on student production, and making meaningful language in context instead of memorizing. I find applying this framework is useful for teaching and tutoring both Spanish and English. I gained fluency in Spanish during my semester studying at a university in Chile, and have taught Spanish to elementary students and I tutored college students. I have worked with both children and adults learning English too. In my free time I study American Sign Language, go running, swimming, and hiking, and take the occasional zumba class!

Hobbies & Interests

I enjoy being outside-- walking, hiking, swimming. I take the occasional zumba class! And I'm very excited to watch the olympics! I'm studying American Sign Language and Deaf studies.

Education

Bachelors, Anthropology; Hispanic Studies - Oberlin College

Q&A with Elana

I believe learning should be student centered with active participation. Motivation and engagement are the keys!
Connect with a tutor like Elana

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Renee
Certified Tutor

Renee

Doctor of Philosophy, Spanish and Iberian Studies Princeton University
CalculusAlgebra36+ more
Get Started
Vivian
Certified Tutor

Vivian

Bachelor in Arts Yale University
CalculusAlgebra64+ more
Get Started
Rebecca
Certified Tutor

Rebecca

Bachelors of Arts in English and Philosophy University of Notre Dame
10th Grade MathCalculus52+ more
Get Started
Heather
Certified Tutor

Heather

Bachelor in Arts, Psychology Cornell University
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math65+ more
Get Started
Sarah
Certified Tutor

Sarah

Masters, International Educational Development University of Pennsylvania
CalculusAlgebra34+ more
Get Started
Sanjay
Certified Tutor

Sanjay

Bachelor in Arts Rice University
CalculusAlgebra24+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us