Rachel
Certified Tutor

10+ years of tutoring

Rachel

Bachelors, Anthropology and Linguistics Cleveland State University
  • I graduated from Cleveland State University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Anthropology and Linguistics with high honors.
  • I have also tutored high school foreign exchange students in several subjects including English and grammar.

About Me

I also hold a certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). Throughout my undergraduate career, I tutored a number of undergraduate students at a variety of levels in multiple subjects. I worked for the Tutoring and Academic Success Center at Cleveland State University as a student assistant and tutor in human diversity, essay writing, college math, to name a few. I worked with students from a number of different backgrounds from first generation college students to individuals whose second language is English to those who wanted extra help to achieve their academic goals. I believe having a strong set of study skills and foundation of key concepts makes a successful student and learner. Understanding how to take tests, understanding assignments, and seeing the relationship between school and learning is key in achieving academic success. I love using non-traditional materials to explain concepts in tutoring such as YouTube videos, online articles, and advertisements ranging from food to everyday household items. I offer online and one-on-one tutoring. In my free time, I love to read. I read a variety of different books. I enjoy horror stories, science fiction, and westerns. I love studying and learning foreign languages. I have an entire shelf devoted to dictionaries, language textbooks, as well as novels in any given language. I love to travel, whether it is a short drive into downtown Cleveland or across the world to places such as England or India. I also spend many evenings playing strategy video games.

Hobbies & Interests

Learning Foreign Languages, reading (fiction and non-fiction), listening to music, playing video games

Education

Bachelors, Anthropology and Linguistics - Cleveland State University

Q&A with Rachel

I believe that teaching should be tailored to the student. Each student learns differently and the tutor should do their best to edit their lesson plans to suit and appeal to the learning style of the student.
Connect with a tutor like Rachel

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Reid
Certified Tutor

Reid

PHD, Education Harvard University
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math34+ more
Get Started
Christopher
Certified Tutor

Christopher

Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering Harvard College
AP Calculus ABCollege Algebra50+ more
Get Started
Liz
Certified Tutor

Liz

Masters, Special Education: Mild to Moderate Disabilities 5-12 Simmons College
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math39+ more
Get Started
Asta
Certified Tutor

Asta

Bachelor in Arts in Political Science University of Chicago
Pre-AlgebraCollege Algebra72+ more
Get Started
James
Certified Tutor

James

Bachelor in Arts, Chemistry Harvard University
AP Calculus ABAlgebra 3/435+ more
Get Started
Justin
Certified Tutor

Justin

Current Grad Student, Philosophy University of New Mexico-Main Campus
CalculusAlgebra34+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us