Robyn
Certified Tutor

10+ years of tutoring

Robyn

Bachelors, Business Administration and Management California State University-Los Angeles
  • I am excited about tutoring students with Varsity Tutors.
  • I have completed a Cambridge CELTA course at Swansea University in Wales and I have over three years of ESL teaching experience.

About Me

English is my native language and my qualifications include a Bachelors of Science degree in Business Management from California State, University, Los Angeles, a 120-hour TEFL certificate and prior work experience. I enjoy teaching students and seeing the progress that they make as they learn English. I like helping my students reach high fluency and comprehension levels, while having fun. During my time teaching English in South Korea, I especially liked being greeted with Hello, Robyn Teacher, by my youngest students every day and seeing their faces light up when it was time to sing English songs, learn phonics, or practice new scripts and role-plays. It was also a joy to see how excited and competitive my elementary and middle school students were on Special Activity days or when it was time to take Speaking & Listening tests, or even to practice building sentences. Over the past year, I have had the opportunity to teach conversational English to adults, which I find extremely rewarding as well. Overall, I have tremendously enjoyed my previous time spent traveling, learning about different cultures , food, and the languages, meeting and making friends from all walks of life and of course teaching. I plan to teach English long-term.

Hobbies & Interests

Hiking, producing music, digital art, ceramics, and writing.

Education

Bachelors, Business Administration and Management - California State University-Los Angeles
Connect with a tutor like Robyn

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Bereket
Certified Tutor

Bereket

BS MIT
AP Calculus BCPre-Algebra33+ more
Get Started
Allyson
Certified Tutor

Allyson

Bachelors (in progress) Wellesley College
Middle School MathElementary School Math27+ more
Get Started
Aqsa
Certified Tutor

Aqsa

Bachelor's (in progress) University of Central Florida
Middle School MathElementary Math59+ more
Get Started
Sishir
Certified Tutor

Sishir

Bachelor University of Wisconsin - Madison
German 4German 38+ more
Get Started
Azratul
Certified Tutor

Azratul

Master's/Graduate University of Windsor
Pre-CalculusMiddle School Math60+ more
Get Started
Odeh
Certified Tutor

Odeh

Professional (JD, MD, DMD, etc) york university
Corporate FinanceCFA7+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us