Alyssa
Certified Tutor

10+ years of tutoring

Alyssa

Bachelors, Geology and Marine Science Rutgers University-New Brunswick
Masters, Geology University of Oklahoma Norman Campus
  • My personal goal for tutoring students is to improve student confidence in the classroom not only in the subjects that I tutor.

About Me

Encouraging questions during the tutoring sessions will help build confidence to ask questions in their classroom. I feel very strongly about helping students in science and mathematics because those problem solving skills transfer to real life problems. Being able to look at the problem as a whole, to break it down into multiple parts, to utilize the known facts and equations, and think outside the box. I specialize in tutoring in the Earth Sciences (Geology, Oceanography (Marine Science), Environmental Science) and Mathematics. I enjoy teaching Earth Science because I loved learning about it myself. It allows me to view the world around me in a different way and to question why things are the way they are instead of just accepting that they exist. Striving for answers ensures that you are constantly learning. A day without learning is a day wasted. I attended Rutgers University for my undergraduate studies. I double majored in Earth Science (Geology) and Marine Science and completed my B.Sc.. For my Graduate degree in Geology I studied at the University of Oklahoma. My thesis touched multiple topics such as geologic subsurface mapping, petrophysics, k-means cluster analysis, and lithological modeling. My interests include animals (I have two kitties), arts and crafts, exploring the outdoors, visiting museums, traveling to new places (especially if they have geologic outcrops, cooking, and learning new skills (right now I'm learning Python)!

Hobbies & Interests

Cooking, loves animals, hiking, camping, museums

Education

Bachelors, Geology and Marine Science - Rutgers University-New Brunswick
Masters, Geology - University of Oklahoma Norman Campus
Connect with a tutor like Alyssa

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Reid
Certified Tutor

Reid

PHD, Education Harvard University
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math34+ more
Get Started
Solange
Certified Tutor

Solange

Bachelor in Arts (Sociology & Women's Studies) Harvard University
CalculusAlgebra30+ more
Get Started
Christopher
Certified Tutor

Christopher

Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering Harvard College
AP Calculus ABCollege Algebra50+ more
Get Started
Liz
Certified Tutor

Liz

Masters, Special Education: Mild to Moderate Disabilities 5-12 Simmons College
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math39+ more
Get Started
James
Certified Tutor

James

Bachelor in Arts, Chemistry Harvard University
AP Calculus ABAlgebra 3/435+ more
Get Started
Henry
Certified Tutor

Henry

Bachelor in Arts, History Harvard College
CalculusAlgebra40+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us