Meredith
Certified Tutor

10+ years of tutoring

Meredith

Bachelor in Arts, History University of Iowa
  • I am a recent graduate of the University of Iowa, where I earned my BA in History and a Certificate in Museum Studies.
  • It was there that I specialized in American History and African/World History.

About Me

I am planning on returning to school to obtain my MA in History, or an African Studies related field. My past tutoring experiences have included tutoring traditional and non-traditional students in History related classes. With these students I worked on writing skills, overall understanding of topics, test studying skills, and comprehending various themes throughout history. I worked with students with learning and mental disabilities. I tutor a variety of subjects, but my favorite subjects to tutor are History and Geography. I find these two subjects fascinating and truly have a passion for them and showing how interesting history and geography can be! My teaching philosophy starts with making students feel comfortable and at ease. Learning should be enjoyable and not an added stressor if it can be avoided. Education is such an important part to life, and its importance should never be underestimated. I pay attention to my students to understand their needs and what they desire to get out of their learning experiences, then adapt my teaching and tutoring style to what will be most beneficial to them. Outside of tutoring, I am interested in sports, dogs, and the world! I love to travel and meet all different types of people. I spent a summer in Scotland and Ireland and have officially caught the travelers bug and I cannot wait to see what else the world has to offer. I am also an avid football, baseball and basketball fan.

Hobbies & Interests

Traveling, football, reading, visiting museums

Education

Bachelor in Arts, History - University of Iowa
Connect with a tutor like Meredith

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Julie
Certified Tutor

Julie

Bachelor in Arts, Philosophy Princeton University
12th Grade Math11th Grade Math81+ more
Get Started
Meghan
Certified Tutor

Meghan

Masters, Journalism Northwestern University
CalculusAlgebra31+ more
Get Started
Sydny
Certified Tutor

Sydny

Bachelor of Science Duke University
CalculusAlgebra25+ more
Get Started
Kirstie
Certified Tutor

Kirstie

Masters in Education, Education Harvard University
ArithmeticMiddle School Math34+ more
Get Started
Dalton
Certified Tutor

Dalton

Bachelor in Arts, Mass Communications University of Pennsylvania
AP Calculus ABPre-Algebra43+ more
Get Started
Paula
Certified Tutor

Paula

Bachelor in Arts Vanderbilt University
8th Grade Math7th Grade Math121+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us