Malcolm
Certified Tutor

10+ years of tutoring

Malcolm

Bachelor of Fine Arts, Music University of Oklahoma Norman Campus
  • As a teacher and as a learner.
  • I know to break down long-term aspirations into manageable, short-term goals.

Test Scores

ACT Scores
Composite34
Math33
English35
Reading34
Science34

About Me

I received my Bachelor of Musical Arts with a secondary emphasis in Spanish from the University of Oklahoma in December 2017. I also studied a Masters in Spanish Language Education from Fall 2018 to Summer 2019 while working as an English Language assistant in a public school. I also know what it takes to effectively prepare for testing. As an ACT tutor, I take a two-pronged approach. On one end, the students get a high volume of practice problems, adapting to and reviewing the content of each subject. On the other end is strategy-oriented coaching. The students learn how to effectively approach the test with good timing and prioritization. I also enjoy tutoring a variety of other subjects, such as Spanish. I think being an effective learner and student (in and beyond the context of schooling) is integral part of human life. It is my aim as a tutor and teacher to help students learn how to effectively learn for themselves. I love running, cooking, traveling, playing chamber music, and gaming.

Hobbies & Interests

Saxophone, Traveling, Cooking, Aerobic Exercise, Language Learning, Netflix.

Education

Bachelor of Fine Arts, Music - University of Oklahoma Norman Campus
Connect with a tutor like Malcolm

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Reid
Certified Tutor

Reid

PHD, Education Harvard University
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math34+ more
Get Started
Liz
Certified Tutor

Liz

Masters, Special Education: Mild to Moderate Disabilities 5-12 Simmons College
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math39+ more
Get Started
Christopher
Certified Tutor

Christopher

Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering Harvard College
AP Calculus ABCollege Algebra50+ more
Get Started
Henry
Certified Tutor

Henry

Bachelor in Arts, History Harvard College
CalculusAlgebra40+ more
Get Started
Justin
Certified Tutor

Justin

Current Grad Student, Philosophy University of New Mexico-Main Campus
CalculusAlgebra34+ more
Get Started
Asta
Certified Tutor

Asta

Bachelor in Arts in Political Science University of Chicago
Pre-AlgebraCollege Algebra72+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us