Laura
Certified Tutor

10+ years of tutoring

Laura

Bachelor of Science, Information Technology Saint Johns University
Masters in Business Administration, Business Administration and Management Saint Johns University
  • My background with tutoring goes a long way back, to my own childhood!

About Me

I am fortunate to have parents that always pushed me academically, and as a child, I had tutors to help me achieve my academic goals. Those experiences were so positive that as a high schooler, I began working at Mathnasium, teaching students of various ages in various fields of math. Because I did well academically, the college application process was a pretty good year for me. My final decision came down to UNC Chapel Hill (I am from Charlotte, NC, so that option made a lot of sense) or St. John's University here in NYC, where I had received a big merit scholarship. As an adventurous spirit, and one that wanted to broaden my experiences, I took a leap of faith and chose to attend St. John's, where I graduated a year early (2014-2017), and to this day that is a decision that I have not regretted. At St. John's I was an Ozanam Scholar, which lead to me doing service and teaching English to students all over the world (Puerto Rico, Rome, India), and was extremely involved as a undergraduate, in many honor societies (was president of the honor society for the entire College of Professional Studies), and in a sorority. My time was so wonderful that I had the opportunity to do my MBA in one more year (2017-2018) with another scholarship as a graduate student, and that is what I am doing currently! This opportunity led to me working with and helping professors teach undergraduate business students at my university. I love working with youth because I truly believe that educating the younger generations is the key to a stronger future. I am young myself, but especially in this sort of platform, I think that is advantageous in that I was (and still am) a student myself, and understand what is like to be in that spot, so I can help you as a student achieve your goals and succeed!

Hobbies & Interests

Figure skating, oil painting, travel, music.

Education

Bachelor of Science, Information Technology - Saint Johns University
Masters in Business Administration, Business Administration and Management - Saint Johns University
Connect with a tutor like Laura

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Aaron
Certified Tutor

Aaron

Current Grad Student, Mechanical Engineering Duke University
Pre-AlgebraCalculus 221+ more
Get Started
Mimi
Certified Tutor

Mimi

Masters in Education, Education Harvard University
Middle School MathCalculus30+ more
Get Started
Nina
Certified Tutor

Nina

Masters in biostatistics Columbia University
Statistics Graduate LevelStatistics22+ more
Get Started
Reid
Certified Tutor

Reid

PHD, Education Harvard University
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math34+ more
Get Started
Christopher
Certified Tutor

Christopher

Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering Harvard College
AP Calculus ABCollege Algebra50+ more
Get Started
Solange
Certified Tutor

Solange

Bachelor in Arts (Sociology & Women's Studies) Harvard University
CalculusAlgebra30+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us