Jason
Certified Tutor

10+ years of tutoring

Jason

Bachelors, Cellular Neuroscience Colgate University
  • I graduated from Colgate University in May 2015, with a Bachelor of Arts in Cellular Neuroscience.
  • After graduating, I traveled for a month before returning home in order to take the MCAT and apply for medical school.

Test Scores

ACT ScoresPerfect Score
Composite34
Math33
Reading36
Science36

About Me

I have been tutoring high school students since the beginning of the Fall 2015 school year. My goal is to become a doctor because I sincerely enjoy helping people and the challenges that go along with it. I believe teaching students and assisting them in achieving their goals is another challenge that can be taken on from many different angles. Every student has different learning styles and thusly requires teaching in dissimilar ways. Effective communication is imperative in order to figure out how to best help them. Science and math are so relatable to everyday life which is why I find them so enjoyable to study and teach. I am especially passionate about physics as the problem solving aspect is such an important skill for all aspects of learning.

Hobbies & Interests

In my free time I love reading, listening to music, nutrition and athletic training, rugby, and most recently Brazilian jiu-jitsu. I am also a volunteer crisis counselor for Crisis Text Line.

Education

Bachelors, Cellular Neuroscience - Colgate University
Connect with a tutor like Jason

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Nina
Certified Tutor

Nina

Masters in biostatistics Columbia University
Statistics Graduate LevelStatistics22+ more
Get Started
Reid
Certified Tutor

Reid

PHD, Education Harvard University
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math34+ more
Get Started
Christopher
Certified Tutor

Christopher

Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering Harvard College
AP Calculus ABCollege Algebra50+ more
Get Started
Charles
Certified Tutor

Charles

Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering Yale University
AP Calculus ABPre-Algebra24+ more
Get Started
Liz
Certified Tutor

Liz

Masters, Special Education: Mild to Moderate Disabilities 5-12 Simmons College
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math39+ more
Get Started
Justin
Certified Tutor

Justin

Doctor of Philosophy, Computational Mathematics University of Chicago
AP Calculus BCAP Calculus AB47+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us