Sean
Certified Tutor

10+ years of tutoring

Sean

Bachelor in Arts, Psychology University of Wisconsin-Madison
PHD, Public Health Temple University
  • I am a health and behavior researcher and educator.

About Me

I love teaching, public health, and psychology! I have taught many subjects including statistics and epidemiology to students of all backgrounds. I love helping people, and meeting them where they are in terms of knowledge, understanding, and comfort. Each person has strengths, and they can be applied to almost any subject. The challenge for tutors is to help connect each students' strengths with the subject matter.

Hobbies & Interests

biking, hiking, pets, gardening, cooking, techno

Education

Bachelor in Arts, Psychology - University of Wisconsin-Madison
PHD, Public Health - Temple University

Q&A with Sean

I like to, as quickly as possible, try to understand where a student is coming from, and how much they already know. Meeting a student where they are helps them feel more confident, and starts the learning process off right! How can you help a student become an independent learner? Students become independent learners by practicing the skill of "problem formulation." Students, with my help, become more able to identify their own gaps in understanding and knowledge. They also learn when to turn to various resources, and how to break down tasks into more manageable segments. By facilitating these skills, I find that my students become more able to study and learn on their own, beyond the tutoring sessions. How would you help a student stay motivated?
Connect with a tutor like Sean

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Reid
Certified Tutor

Reid

PHD, Education Harvard University
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math34+ more
Get Started
Christopher
Certified Tutor

Christopher

Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering Harvard College
AP Calculus ABCollege Algebra50+ more
Get Started
Solange
Certified Tutor

Solange

Bachelor in Arts (Sociology & Women's Studies) Harvard University
CalculusAlgebra30+ more
Get Started
Liz
Certified Tutor

Liz

Masters, Special Education: Mild to Moderate Disabilities 5-12 Simmons College
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math39+ more
Get Started
Asta
Certified Tutor

Asta

Bachelor in Arts in Political Science University of Chicago
Pre-AlgebraCollege Algebra72+ more
Get Started
Elena
Certified Tutor

Elena

Masters, Biblical Studies University of Edinburgh
CalculusAlgebra28+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us