Dr. Martell
Certified Tutor

Dr. Martell

Doctorate (e.g., PhD, MD, JD, etc.) University of Iowa
  • I believe that connecting real-world applications to theoretical knowledge enhances understanding and retention.
  • I am dedicated to helping students achieve academic success and develop critical thinking skills.

About Me

As a passionate educator with a Doctorate in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Iowa, I have over 6 years of experience tutoring subjects such as Algebra, AP Physics 1, and Calculus. My teaching philosophy centers on fostering a supportive learning environment where students feel empowered to ask questions and explore concepts deeply. Outside of tutoring, I enjoy engaging with technology and exploring innovations in engineering, which allows me to bring fresh insights into my sessions.

Hobbies & Interests

Outside of work, I'm very into fitness. I love swimming, strength training, Pilates, and more. I'm also a certified SCUBA diver, a 3D printing enthusiast, a racing fan, husband, and father to my beautiful wife and daughter.

Education

Doctorate (e.g., PhD, MD, JD, etc.) - University of Iowa
Connect with a tutor like Dr.

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Aaron
Certified Tutor

Aaron

Current Grad Student, Mechanical Engineering Duke University
Pre-AlgebraCalculus 221+ more
Get Started
Brian
Certified Tutor

Brian

PHD, Technology & Information Mgmt (Indef. deferred) University of California-Santa Cruz
AP StatisticsStatistics Graduate Level114+ more
Get Started
Ava
Certified Tutor

Ava

Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering and Energy Engineering (2020) Washington University in St. Louis
AP Calculus BCMiddle School Math36+ more
Get Started
Jeffrey
Certified Tutor

Jeffrey

Doctor of Philosophy, Mechanical Engineering Rice University
Pre-CalculusGeometry28+ more
Get Started
Fred
Certified Tutor

Fred

Bachelor of Science in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Princeton University
AP Calculus ABPre-Calculus21+ more
Get Started
Steve
Certified Tutor

Steve

Master of Science, Electrical Engineering Washington University in St. Louis
Applied MathematicsCollege Algebra32+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us