Seamus
Certified Tutor

3+ years of tutoring

Seamus

Bachelor in Arts, Humanities Kansas State University
  • As a student, I earned two gold medals and one silver medal on the Junior Classical League's National Latin Exam.
  • I completed my Bachelor's degree at Kansas State University in the multi-disciplinary field of Humanities.

About Me

For High School I attended St. Mary's Academy in St. Marys Kansas where I studied four years of Classical Latin and a year of Koine (Common) Greek. At University, I studied Classical Languages with the University of Pittsburgh's Classics Department as a generalist (both Latin and Greek,) a course of study which continues to this day as a post-Baccalaureate student. I am a current Columnist with the Examiner.com, writing on topics pertaining to educational policies in Pittsburgh and Classical education. Since 2011, I have been tutoring languages in the Pittsburgh area. I have had success with youngsters struggling with Latin grammatical concepts, or learning disabilities. My teaching philosophy is if I can help a student excel, I will. Sometimes a student only needs to be pointed in the right direction, others need intensive help. My spare time is dedicated to writing fiction, short stories, and co-organizing the Pittsburgh Writer's Meetup group. To date I have had five short stories published. My other hobbies include Martial Arts, mountain biking, and old time strongman training.

Hobbies & Interests

include Martial Arts, mountain biking, and old time strongman training.

Education

Bachelor in Arts, Humanities - Kansas State University
Connect with a tutor like Seamus

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Pinelopi
Certified Tutor

Pinelopi

Bachelor in Arts in Psychology Duke University
Pre-AlgebraPre-Calculus24+ more
Get Started
Emily
Certified Tutor

Emily

Master of Arts, Ancient History The University of Nottingham
Middle School MathElementary Math40+ more
Get Started
Raphael
Certified Tutor

Raphael

Bachelor of Science, Biology, General Cornell University
AP Calculus ABPre-Algebra35+ more
Get Started
Antony
Certified Tutor

Antony

Masters, Classics King's College London
CalculusAlgebra23+ more
Get Started
Malina
Certified Tutor

Malina

Bachelors Yale University
CalculusAlgebra35+ more
Get Started
Jordan
Certified Tutor

Jordan

Bachelor of Science, Neuroscience The University of Texas at Dallas
Middle School MathCalculus45+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us