Tobias
Certified Tutor

Tobias

BS Emory University
  • Additionally, my work as a Volunteer Crisis Counselor has refined my ability to provide patient, empathetic guidance.
  • I aim to create a personalized tutoring environment that builds student confidence and fosters a genuine interest in the material.

About Me

I am a senior at Emory University pursuing a BS in Psychology with a 3.96 GPA. My academic background includes receiving the Elizabeth Long Atwood Research Award and conducting an honors thesis focused on cognitive bias and intellectual humility. I am highly proficient in technical tools like R Studio and SPSS, and I am passionate about helping students navigate complex subjects including psychology, statistics, English. With experience as a Teaching Assistant at the Goizueta Business School and three years as a Summer Camp Counselor, I have a proven track record of mentoring students through experiential learning and academic support.

Hobbies & Interests

Beyond the classroom, I stay active as member of Emory's Ultimate Frisbee team and find my balance in the outdoors, having previously led weeklong backcountry expeditions. My fascination with psychology extends into my personal life through a curiosity about how cognitive biases shape our perspectives, a topic I am currently exploring in depth through my honors thesis. Whether I am exploring new music, hiking, or fostering resilience through nature immersion, I believe that maintaining a diverse range of interests is essential for a well-rounded and grounded approach to learning.

Education

BS - Emory University
Connect with a tutor like Tobias

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Mimi
Certified Tutor

Mimi

Masters in Education, Education Harvard University
Middle School MathCalculus30+ more
Get Started
Solange
Certified Tutor

Solange

Bachelor in Arts (Sociology & Women's Studies) Harvard University
CalculusAlgebra30+ more
Get Started
Daniel
Certified Tutor

Daniel

Bachelors Brown University
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math25+ more
Get Started
Ingrid
Certified Tutor

Ingrid

Bachelor of Science, Biomedical Engineering Northwestern University
Pre-AlgebraFinite Mathematics49+ more
Get Started
Sabira
Certified Tutor

Sabira

Bachelor of Science, Applied Mathematics Johns Hopkins University
Middle School MathCalculus34+ more
Get Started
Sherry
Certified Tutor

Sherry

Bachelor's degree in psychology and linguistics University of Chicago
Middle School MathCalculus33+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us