Linda
Certified Tutor

Linda

AM Old Dominion University
AM University of Massachusetts Amherst
  • Teaching English has been my passion for years.

About Me

I started later in life, but it was worth the wait. I taught English in Virginia for 20 years. Currently, as a tutor, I bring comprehensive knowledge of English from elementary through high school. I also have experience with many admission tests, including SSHAT, SHSAT, HSPT, ISEE (all levels), AP Language, and others. I believe in encouraging students to improve themselves continually, and helping them pass entrance exams is a step toward that goal. My favorite hobby is reading. I always have a book loaded on my iPad and encourage my students to do the same. I want students to explore their imagination and curiosity through reading. I look forward to guiding you on your first step toward enlightenment.

Hobbies & Interests

["I make pictures with sea glass","shells and stones. I love reading and playing games on the computer."]

Education

AM - Old Dominion University
AM - University of Massachusetts Amherst
Connect with a tutor like Linda

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Melinda
Certified Tutor

Melinda

PhD University of Pennsylvania
PSAT Writing SkillsSAT Reading and Writing22+ more
Get Started
Byron
Certified Tutor

Byron

MS University of Miami
AP StatisticsStatistics8+ more
Get Started
Ashwin
Certified Tutor

Ashwin

BBA Indiana University-Bloomington
SSAT- Middle LevelSHSAT6+ more
Get Started
Stephen
Certified Tutor

Stephen

Bachelor's University
College AlgebraAlgebra4+ more
Get Started
Susan
Certified Tutor

Susan

Undergraduate Degree University of Central Florida
SATHSPT7+ more
Get Started
Yvan
Certified Tutor

Yvan

BS Brigham Young University-Provo
AP StatisticsAP Calculus BC54+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us