Deja
Certified Tutor

Deja

Master's/Graduate Xavier University
Bachelor's Xavier University
  • I'm Deja Rhodes, a recent graduate from Xavier University with a Bachelor of Science in Biology and double minors in Chemistry and Business.

About Me

Hello! I am currently pursuing a Master's degree in Business Administration with a focus on innovation, change, and entrepreneurship. With over two years of tutoring experience, I specialize in science subjects like biology and chemistry, as well as mathematics for K-8 and algebra. My teaching philosophy centers on personalized learning; I tailor lessons to meet each student's unique needs, fostering a supportive environment where they can express confusion and ask questions. I believe in the power of patience and active engagement, often encouraging students to teach back the material to reinforce their understanding. My passion for science and mathematics drives me to inspire students, and I enjoy guiding them through those "aha" moments when concepts finally click. Outside of tutoring, I'm a proud dog mom and enjoy creative writing, which I believe is an essential skill for effective communication. I look forward to helping students achieve their academic goals!

Hobbies & Interests

My interests/ hobbies are playing with my dogs, going to the gym, reading a good book, playing basketball, roller skating, swimming, and hanging out with family and friends.

Education

Master's/Graduate - Xavier University
Bachelor's - Xavier University
Connect with a tutor like Deja

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Michelle
Certified Tutor

Michelle

Current Grad Student, M.D. Baylor College of Medicine
Pre-AlgebraPre-Calculus26+ more
Get Started
Christopher
Certified Tutor

Christopher

Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering Harvard College
AP Calculus ABCollege Algebra50+ more
Get Started
Asta
Certified Tutor

Asta

Bachelor in Arts in Political Science University of Chicago
Pre-AlgebraCollege Algebra72+ more
Get Started
James
Certified Tutor

James

Bachelor in Arts, Chemistry Harvard University
AP Calculus ABAlgebra 3/435+ more
Get Started
Sung
Certified Tutor

Sung

Bachelor of Science Yale University
11th Grade Math10th Grade Math25+ more
Get Started
Sydny
Certified Tutor

Sydny

Bachelor of Science Duke University
CalculusAlgebra25+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us